Thread: How folkscience can kill innocent babies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How folkscience can kill innocent babies

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=129913054

People are idiots. We do not live in a demon-haunted world and yes science really is the answer.

Dead babies is what folkscience has to show for itself.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Pooka1,
    I absolutly agree. I just don't get the reasoning behind the decision not to vacinate (sp) a child. I have never had a parent explain to me the "science" of not doing so.

I'm old enough to understand the horrors on polio/whooping cough (had it as a kid)/measles (both kinds) etc since the vaccine wasn't around when I was a child. I remember the panic my mother was in when it was discovered that my sister and I were exposed to polio.

These diease's are making a come back because of poor decision making on the part of young parents who don't have a clue as to the results of some of these illness's.
    SandyC
    SandyC

All these babies that died were too young to have had the DPT vaccination. It is outrageous to think that because people are making these decisions not to vaccinate, they are not necessarily killing their own kids, but other peoples kids, by allowing the illnesses to take hold in the general community.

Last week a medical doctor who's daughter is in my daughter's ballet classes stood up at a parent meeting and asked to make sure that all kids had been vaccinated against pertussis via the DPT vaccine and she recommended that adults be revaccinated also (after consultation with your own doctor) due to the nine baby deaths.

As we were leaving the meeting, one parent said that her daughter's chiropractors were totally against the vaccines and so she and her family wouldn't be getting them.

The chiropractor community should be ashamed of themselves and if they want to dispense medical advice they ought to go and become medical doctors themselves and take care of the sick and dying patients caused by their former profession's stupid advice.

That's a great point about chiros generally being against vaccination, in keeping with their complete lack of rigorous training in anything real.

I posted some quotes from chiro school graduates who thought chiro school was a joke as were the "teachers."

Most of chiro apparently is really just a multilevel marketing scheme as far as I can tell.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Quote Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
    These diease's are making a come back because of poor decision making on the part of young parents who don't have a clue as to the results of some of these illness's.
    SandyC
    Well said, Sandy.

It's more than even just poor decision making. It is, as you say, cluelessness, ignorance and a total disregard for the health and welfare of others.
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mariaf View Post
    Well said, Sandy.

It's more than even just poor decision making. It is, as you say, cluelessness, ignorance and a total disregard for the health and welfare of others.
    I previously posted my agreement with SandyC about how her longer term perspective was important and necessary in the discussion. Apparently, my post was too factual for some folks because it was deleted.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Sorry Sharon. I had to remove it because of your use of the word "faith."
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Quote Originally Posted by LindaRacine View Post
    Sorry Sharon. I had to remove it because of your use of the word "faith."
    Okay thanks for that tip. I'll remember it.

I am carefully replacing certain words and phrases with others that are equivalent and I notice that works. I'll just keep chipping away at this.

Sorry for making work for you.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."