Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to know it anyone has experienced this and for how long< please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I believe my odd walking causes the low back pain. Now my shoulders are screaming after 13 hours of work. Ordered some new shoes today for pronation and stability.
    Janet
    36 year young cardiac RN
    old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
    new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
    Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
    Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
    and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

OMGoodness....13 hours of work?! My back is shuttering to even think about it. Hope the new shoes help.
      Kathy
      46 yrs at surgery, now 50
      71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
      8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
      http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

Thanks, me too. I wish I didn't have to but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
        Janet
        36 year young cardiac RN

Comment

Yiiikes Janet. Anybody 3 months out from surgery would hurt after 13 hours work. You poor thing.
          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Actually anybody, scoli or no, would hurt after 13 hours -- on your feet, right?

I could be wrong, but I thought that if you can straighten your back all the way, then you don't have a saggital imbalance. I think Kristy (Naptown 78) said she actually COULDN'T straighten up before her revision. If you CAN, I think it's likely to be more of a muscle thing. Hope so!!!

Kristy?

Evelyn
            age 48
            80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
            Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
            Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
            Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
            Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Normal...for me anyway. YES, I walked leaning forward for several months (about 4 months) after surgery. It gets better with time. I also held my left shoulder higher than my right, and that too is settling in better now. Your body needs a lot of time to get used to it's new home. It gets better each week!!! Hang in there!!!
              Laura
              62 degrees
              49 yrs. young
              Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

I had a GREAT day at work yesterday. I walked pretty normal for the first 10 hours or so. I was so happy. Today I'm feeling a little off. The point is I think I can tell I am getting better. Maybe, work is even helping by forcing me to be more active than I would. Also, thank you Radiogirl for your post that is also reassuring!!
                Janet
                36 year young cardiac RN

Comment

You sound much happier today, despite it not being as good as yesterday. That's how improvements come, two steps forward, one back. But at least you can see that it IS improving. Hope we hear more good news from you soon Janet!
                  Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                  Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                  T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                  Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                  Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Originally posted by jsully View Post
                    I had a GREAT day at work yesterday. I walked pretty normal for the first 10 hours or so. I was so happy. Today I'm feeling a little off. The point is I think I can tell I am getting better. Maybe, work is even helping by forcing me to be more active than I would. Also, thank you Radiogirl for your post that is also reassuring!!
                    Janet
                    I felt that way too, after my first surgery, when I went back to work. It DOES force you to be more active and get exercise. In the end, it is good. I am glad you are starting to feel better Janet! I am job hunting at the moment, so I hope to be back to work too soon!!!
                    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
                    X