No announcement yet.

Day 11 and I'm feeling pretty darn good: hope for those over 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lisa, So happy to hear you're doing so well and I'm posting to you as a "postie". Hopefully recovery will continue for us both uneventfully (all things considered). I was definately out of touch since my surgery, so I'm catching up. I only just got back to the computer a couple of days ago and pain prevents me from staying on too long, but looking forward to keeping in touch.
    Debra
    Age 45
    Pre - surgery Thoracic 69, Lumbar 48
    Post-surgery Thoracic 37, Lumbar 39 (unfused)
    Fused T4-T12
    Milwaukee braced, 11 years old to 15 yo
    Surgery Sept. 1st, 2010 Dr. Boachie

Comment

We got home from St Louis last evening. We took our time driving and stopped every 45-60 minutes so I could get out of the car and stretch and buzz around with the walker. Today was my 2 week anniversary and my first full shower. It took everything out of me to take a shower, blow it dry and slop a little makeup on. A friend brought dinner over for tonight. I had 2 naps throughout the day. Tomorrow my helper starts so I can get some groceries in, get some laundry done, etc. She's going to help out 4 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week while my activity is limited. Sounds like you 're continuing to do well. I'm excited that my shirts fit better and look more normal now!
      Age 56
      Wore a Milwaukee Brace for 3 years in hs
      Fused L4-S1 for high grade spondylolisthesis Jan '09 in Indy
      Thoracic 68
      Surgery Aug 31, 2010 T3 to L1
      Dr Bridwell St Louis
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...1&d=1289881696

Comment

Welcome home, Lisa!

I am so happy things are going well for you!!!

Thanks for posting the details of your stay in St. Louis; useful info. for those of us who still have to go there.

Keep up the good walking, and read the forum for help with digestive issues (there are a few threads).

I'll call you soon.

Cheers,
        Evelyn
        age 48
        80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
        Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
        Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
        Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
        Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Lisa,
          I'm sure it's great to be home. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments in recovery so far. It had to feel good to get a shower even if it was tiring. Keep sailing smooth with your recovery.
          Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
          Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
          70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
          Rib Hump-GONE!
          Age-60 at the time of surgery
          Now 66
          Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
          Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
          Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
          Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
          tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
          http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

It's so good to hear from you and that you're doing so well! Isn't it great to be at home?!!! You will tire easily from little things like showers for awhile, but that is how it is. Your strength will return gradually-- but it will definitely get there! For now-- plenty of rest, good food, and just plain taking care of yourself. That's so good you have someone coming in to do the work. Take care!
            71 and plugging along... but having some problems
            2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
            5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
            Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
            CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
            10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
            X