Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How soon can you get your hair done after surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I have a friend who cuts hair and she keeps offering to come over and do a cut and color. I was hesitant because of having to hop in and out of the shower and also not wanting special favors, but just seeing all your responses helped me put this in perspective - she's being kind and I need to get it done, I just want to make sure she accepts $$ too because she's already done alot for me.

I went for the pedicure with my daughter, 10, before the surgery - (I had never had one before), but thinking of this as a special treat for us. I didn't expect much, but let me tell you it was soooo relaxing as they put your feet in a bubbly bucket (type thing) with great aromas, then massage and then manicure and paint. My toenail polish still looks great. And in the hospital this was the only thing that looked good on me, not that I cared. But, I have to say when I saw the internist before surgery she said not to get a pedicure the day before surgery though (this may be to reduce risks of infection - I'm not sure as I had already done it and didn't ask more questions).

The other thing I did that I was happy about was getting a 1/2 leg wax - also never did that before. The hair on my lower leg is only growing back now. When my husband was very up close and personal helping my get my underwear and sweats on in the beginning, I was kinda happy I did it.
    Debra
    Age 45
    Pre - surgery Thoracic 69, Lumbar 48
    Post-surgery Thoracic 37, Lumbar 39 (unfused)
    Fused T4-T12
    Milwaukee braced, 11 years old to 15 yo
    Surgery Sept. 1st, 2010 Dr. Boachie

Comment

Leg waxing

I apologize for posting twice but Debra mentioned leg waxing, and I thought I would throw in my 2 cents on that subject! I got my whole legs waxed before my surgery because I knew I would have trouble shaving after for awhile due to bending restrictions. I am very happy I did. It's not the most pleasant of beauty routines, but so worth it. I even waxed my underarms, lol!
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

I've been following this thread for a while now as I was wondering the same thing. I got my hair cut right before my surgery. I normally go every two months and now am overdue. As for pedicures... I really wish I got one before my surgery, not because I can't reach my toes now but because it feels really good! Reaching my toes/legs has not been a problem for me ever since a week after surgery.
        Tiffany K
        I'm not short, I'm fun size!

29 years old
        4'11", never braced
        Pre-surgery, 52° T6 to T12, 35° T12 to L4
        T1-L2, Posterior 8/5/2010, gained 1"

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=03212f3e17

Comment

Working...
        X