Rollerblading with scoliosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollerblading with scoliosis?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I know it's not in the right place too.

I decided to learn how to rollerblade with my best friend when I go back to university. I'm just wondering if it's not a good idea. I have scoliosis, and I'm sure I'd fall down a lot when practising =p so will that make my scoliosis any worse or something??

What do you think?
    Last edited by Sweet Mona; 09-04-2010, 06:28 PM.
    Mona, 21 yo, with scoliosis
    My blog

Hi Mona,
    I have been roller skating (quads) at a roller rink on a wooden floor for 30 years. I fell a lot when I first started skating at age 40. Did it make my scoliosis, that I didn't know I had, worse than if I hadn't skated? I don't know, but I don't think so, and I had a wonderful time for many years. Skating is a very good low impact exercise providing you don't fall down a lot. After my surgery, my Doctor told me I could go back to skating once I was fused. I would say go ahead and skate if it is something you enjoy. Exercise is excellent for your body and mind. Don't worry about the future. TiEd skied for many years before his surgery and I'll bet he did a lot of crashing.
    Enjoy life while you can.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

I used to roller skate before my surgery and after my surgery. I had to quit when I got pregnant! Then I was too busy chasing kids to skate!
      T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
      2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
      3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
      Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Working...
      X