New Here, Facing Long Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ballet Mom View Post
    Ahh, thanks. I took that comment to mean kids with large thoracic curves already past the size where surgery is indicated. Not fusing ever smaller curves.
    Maybe you are right but she said "benign" and I don't think large curves can be considered benign. Also, the comment was in relation to a post about a 30* curve as a teen and she is advocating surgery as a teen (versus as an adult).

That's why I thought she was saying surgery may be indicated for sub-surgical thoracic curves given the large number of symptomatic lumbar curves underneath them in the later years.

Maybe she will clarify.
    Last edited by Pooka1; 09-04-2010, 04:43 PM.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
      Maybe you are right but she said "benign" and I don't think large curves can be considered benign. Also, the comment was in relation to a post about a 30* curve as a teen and she is advocating surgery as a teen (versus as an adult).

That's why I thought she was saying surgery may be indicated for sub-surgical thoracic curves given the large number of symptomatic lumbar curves underneath them in the later years.

Maybe she will clarify.
      Yes, that would be nice if she did. When it was initially posted I had to think about it for a minute. I decided she was making the comment for the benefit of all others who might be reading....you know, to be wary of the potential for lumbar curves (potentially caused by large thoracic curves) to become a problem as adults.
      Last edited by Ballet Mom; 09-04-2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X