Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I haven't been able to keep up with this forum, I read from time to time, and pray for those going into their surgeries. I'm just over 2 years post op, and juggling 2 boys and a newborn. Times are crazy but I want to remind you newbies there is HOPE and LIGHT at the end of the journey!!!

I have thought a lot about how life is and blogged about it and wanted to share...Living with a chronic illness takes it's toll out of us...but we are living and should be thankful for that! If you read please follow my blog so I know who's reading and we can try to keep in contact.

Best of luck to you all!!
    My One Crooked Momma blog
    Fused T1-L1 May 21st 2008
    From 51* to STRAIGHT! Thanks Dr. Shelokov @ Baylor

Congrats on your new baby! I hope everything's going well for you now.

I remember reading your blog before my surgery. It's always great to read the experiences of others.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

I enjoyed reading your blog post and I can really relate to most of what you said. I've been thinking about possibly having kids in 2 years, but it scares me so much. Some mornings I can barely get out of bed. Cleaning or doing the dishes causes pain after about 10 minutes and I usually need to lay down and rest for awhile. I don't think there will be time to rest with a baby! How do you do it?
      Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
      2003- 33 degrees
      2005- 37 degrees
      2006- 44 degrees
      May 2007- 47 degrees
      December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
      Fused T1 to L2
      Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment

I honestly don't know HOW I am doing it. Some days I can tell you that I question myself and get so scared thinking I did some damage. But I'll wake the next morning feeling pretty good again and keep at it. I do have trouble picking her up and down at times, and she is going to be horribly spoiled because I can't put her down on the floors to play, so she's in my arms or laying in the top level of the pack n' play or on the couch with me. She was 9lbs when she was born and is already at 16 and it's getting to the point I KNOW that if I don't start working out my back and my arms then I'm going to wear down faster than she is growing.

I rest when she is napping in the afternoons with my youngest ds to make sure that I have the energy to cook dinner and clean up. Our nightly routine is laying on the sofa after dinner reading and watching tv so that I can rest up. I feel that the pregnancy was my test to see if I could handle it and really prepared me for these days.
        My One Crooked Momma blog
        Fused T1-L1 May 21st 2008
        From 51* to STRAIGHT! Thanks Dr. Shelokov @ Baylor

Comment

Working...
        X