No announcement yet.

What Should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emily.... I am 38 diagnosed at ohhh around 3rd grad wore braces until 6th grad when at age 12 I had surgery... I highly recommend it... I had the best doctors and parents who listened - thank goodness because I would have opted out! I have had no problems... zero and I too would have faced serious problems in later life... Emily - this is something you can do for yourself and you should - this is a fixable issue ... it's not cancer or something that can not be "fixed" Do this for yourself and your loved ones Best of Luck and feel free to contact me...

Comment

Ross, kayley,swilkers, and everyone else!!!:

Thank you for standing by me. It feels really good that i have people i can talk to about this. i was just wondering why cant i get it thought my head that i should do it?

Or like I should say yes or no about the surgery? When i found out that i had Scoliosis i said no of having the surgery. But then i had a dream of having it done and it was really weird. I was just laying there and everyone was looking at me around the bed and i felt fine but it was like all slow motion to me then i woke up. But i thought that was a sign that i should do it. So i really dont know what to think about it.
      I wish i knew. Like i know i should at least do the surgery because when i get older its going to be hard, wont be able to breathe, in pain most of the time, etc...

If i do the surgery then i cant do many of things for awhile and then i am scared in later in life that if i want to have kids that they will have it or have problems in that area.
      Or like my scar is really bad.
      Or if i need another surgery later in life.
      All these things are in my head and i know i kinda keep talking about the same thing but i just want to know. you know.

And then if i do the surgery i have to put things on hold like going to college and going to work etc...

Or maybe i wont feel comfortable in my own body, like not wanting to go to the beach? I dont want to make a big deal about this but this is the first time for having anything done to me that is big. Thank you all for being here and there for me i am still wondering what i should do i am kinda thinking about doing it....

Emily

both curves are 60

Comment

Emily, my scare is the length of my back and i am 5 7 so it's long! but... honestly it's soooo thin no one even knows .... why risk problems later in life - life threatening things... you need to do this for yoursel! Down time from the surger is very minimal now - just a matter of months!!! I always worried my kids would be at risk and sure enough... my daughter just diagnosed which has prompted me to look her and other forums for support - it's my absolute worst nightmare come true that she has to go thru this bracing and probably surgery - but at the end of the day... it sucks for her but I know - for sure she is going to be ok.. just like me....

Comment

emily the scars mabey a little annoying and yeah you will have to give things up for a little wile but i had the worst of scars when i whent to the beach for the first time after my surgery nothing wasnt normal exept people had asked what happened and all i said was that i had spinal surgery and they didnt say anything nobody looked at me funny or anything
          kayley77 and55 degree curve

Comment

I think i am going to go ahead and do the surgery. I am just really really scared about doing it. Its just like i cant stop thinking about it and i am not sure if it is the right choice or not. But i just want to live a normal life. I want to know if you have the surgery do you lose weight? is it a lot? Do you go to rehab? after the surgery? Show i start working out my body? ......

Emily

Comment

hey i already had surgery but...

hey i had surgery two yrs. ago and before it, they said i had to see a pulmonologist for my lungs. i had a 57 degree curve and they said my lung capacity was only 47%, which is pretty bad. it was becaus eof the scoliosis. just recently, i was found to have a heart murmur. when they did the ultra sound, the person said that they had a hard time finding the valves of my heart. they siad the scoliosis probably moved it around a little.

this just proves what scoliois can do to your body. please don't hesitate to get surgery. i'm am so happy that i had it done and your body will suffer if you don't do something about it!

good luck and God Bless
              ---Alicia---

Scolioisis surgery: 6/26/03
              We're coming back bigger and better than ever!
              <3 *NOLA* <3
              Sincere Thanks to all who donated to the hurricane relief funds!

Comment

Working...
              X