Feeling down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling down

I had a Epidural steroid injections on Thursday and Friday was the only day I had with no pain. The Epidural steroid injections combined with the other pain meds I am on seemed to take my pain level down to a 3 or 4 at times. When I take the Norco it helps big time but I do not like taking pain meds. I was drugged up all day yesterday and I felt really out of it.

I want to live a non-drowsy life.

The Norco's make me sleepy but I don't sleep if that makes any sense. I will lay down and close my eyes and it feels like i am resting. However, I can still hear everything around me so I am not sleep. I can deal with that if my pain goes away. The Norco will give me a few hours of pain relief.

I am in pain right now but I won't take anything until I can't take the pain anymore.

I am 34 with a hubby and 2 kids. This coupled with my heart condition I feel old.

Anyone ever had the Epidural steroid injections not work for them? If so, what was your next step?
    LaShawn Hardy
    34 years old
    Sep 2010 C5-C6 fused
    36 degree curve Thoratic
    Lumbar natural fusion
    Surgery Date 1/31/2011
    T2-L1
    Dr. Herkowitz
    Heart Condition and Bleeding Disorder
    hoping they don't reschedule my surgery again

So sorry to hear you feeling down at the moment. We have a member here, Jess, who has epidural injections. I'm sure there are others as well. This will bounce up your thread and hopefully, she will see it and have a chat to you.

A search for "epidural injections" might come up with some info for you in the meantime.

Welcome to the forum.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

I have had Nerve Root Blocks and Facet joint injections. The Facet Joint ones helped immensely. The only problem was that my first one lasted about 9 months but then the subsequent ones got shorter and shorter in time. If this was your first, they may try something different next time, however, if you have had these before and they worked but now they don't, you and your doc may have to consider some other kind of pain relief. I don't like pain meds either. Best wishes!
      Vali
      44 years young! now 45
      Surgery - June 1st, 2009
      Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
      St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
      Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
      Post -op - 5 degrees
      T11 - S1 Posterior
      L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

hi LaShawn
        welcome to the forum...there are many good people on here, and information and experiences shared...

i wasnt clear from your post...you are "fused spine"...did you have the surgery?

i have had 4 epidural injections...3 did little to help..they were for scoli pain in lumbar area...

the 4th epidural i had a little over 2 months ago...it was for a sciatica (all the way down left side) that worsened, after many years of not bothering me...the epidural worked, gave me complete relief, but began to wear off at about 7 weeks...the problem is, i have constant muscle spasms and pain, seems like at the injection site (wasnt there before injection)..has never happened to me before with any injections...i cant see my pain doctor til Aug 30th (due to his vacation plans)...

besides epidural injections, i have had nerve ablation, facet blocks, sacroiliac joint injections, and i get botox shots every 3-4 months...the botox helps the most..for my upper thoracic area...the other treatments have been for lumbar pain...none helped much...

i have very bad degenerative disc disease...it is causing much of my pain right now...my curves (T42, L61) are stable at the moment, but discs are worsening...i also have listhesis, rotation, hypokyphosis, arthritis of spine, stenosis, etc...none of which helps anything!

i hope you find relief for your pain!

jess
        Last edited by jrnyc; 08-15-2010, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X