No announcement yet.

after effects...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks, JenG....i am resting...with puppy nearby!

i am so glad every time i see your signature, and it says "pain free"...so happy for you!

jess

Comment

That's so nice of you Jess. I know, believe me, not a day goes by I am not grateful. It's such a lottery...
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
        That's so nice of you Jess. I know, believe me, not a day goes by I am not grateful. It's such a lottery...
        Super that he exists (I LOVED the video interview of him I watched).

But sounds like with Dr. Askin, the odds are so much better it's not quite the same crap shoot, as it is over-all.
        Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
        Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
        main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
        Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

i dont go to Dr Askin

i have no change since the 5 injections Monday

jess

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jess. Let us know when/if you start getting some improvement.

Comment

called the pain doctor's office today, though i know it is the start of a 3 day wkend...i am in more pain now than before the 5 injections he gave me on August 30th...he said they were "muscle relaxers," but he also had said before that, that the botox was already mixed, because originally my appointment was for botox in thoracic area...i get it every 3-4 months...there is poor communication with the receptionists and the doctor...and with the patients...receptionist is supposed to speak to the doc and to the P.A., and then get back to me...we'll see....i liked the pain doc's attitude of conquering pain..but i have become increasingly disillusioned of late...

the muscle spasms in left hip stopped (from the epidural injection site of 10 weeks ago), but the sciatica tingling electric feeling has been replaced with hard core pain...especially behind the left knee...it just makes me wonder what kind of "muscle relaxer" would do that...

i think it may be time to find a new pain doctor...i also need a new G.P....the ones i've tried so far have been pretty awful...
              i miss my doctor Maureen Nelligan in Manhattan...she left her practice to be with her 2 young kids...she was the best!!!
              a great doctor can really spoil you for the many...turkeys...out there

jess

jess

Comment

Yes, it would make you wonder if there's been some mistake. I do hope he gets back to you Jess, the kind of pain you're in should not be ignored, especially by a pain doctor. I have everything crossed that you can get some help before office hours next week.

Comment

Hi Jess...

I think that we often end up with these new pains when our bodies try to compensate for another pain. It seems like I get in these pain cycles where something starts hurting, and before I know it, the pain has moved up or down my back, neck, or butt.

You know what the solution is (hopefully) as well as I do.

--Linda
                  Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                  Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hmmmm..solution...to the pain...hmmmm...

i just cancelled my trip to southern CA scheduled this week...too much pain!
                    will do a phone consult next month with hormone doctor...and miss seeing my friends...

i am aware...i can do less and less...
                    but am shocked at how much more pain i am in since the last 5 injections from August 30th..."muscle relaxers" my foot...nothing relaxed!!

jess

Comment

So sorry to hear!

Sounds just awful and awfuller.
                      You sure know the pain doctoring shtick, by now, if anyone does. Sadly.

Wishing for relief -- somehow. Or at least, clarity.
                      Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
                      Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
                      main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
                      Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Ooh Jess. Have you spoken to the pain doctor about your increased pain?

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                          hmmmm..solution...to the pain...hmmmm...

i just cancelled my trip to southern CA scheduled this week...too much pain!
                          will do a phone consult next month with hormone doctor...and miss seeing my friends...

i am aware...i can do less and less...
                          but am shocked at how much more pain i am in since the last 5 injections from August 30th..."muscle relaxers" my foot...nothing relaxed!!

jess
                          Hi Jess...

Sorry that it's gotten that bad.

--Linda
                          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

saw no reason to start a new thread..as this is related..

went to pain doctor in Manhattan today...got my meds...again...
                            he didnt remember what we did last visit...thought it was thoracic botox shots...it wasn't!

long story short...he did sacroiliac injections today...i had them a year ago with a different pain doc in CONN...they made all pain DISAPPEAR....but only lasted 3 weeks so i figured, OK, i'll try it again...but i think i've hit my injectable steroid limit for now!!!!

shots hurt alot...especially on left (worse) side...so far, right hip feels same as before shots, left hip still hurts a lot...could just be from needle...he put in novocaine (hah...it hurt!), contrast dye, then steroid...so i am probably sore from needles...we shall see if/how much this helps....

jess

Comment

Hoping for the best for you Jess.

Comment

thanks so much, JenG...i will take any relief i can get!

be well..
                                jess

Comment

Working...
                                X