TitaniumEd & I Meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey Ed
    i wont be out in CA til September...and then it will be my favorite...Southern CA...S.F. weather is toooo damp for my arthritis to handle! the doc said "live in the desert"...i went to Palm Springs once, with an aunt who loved the desert...i couldnt take it!! i swear i had no spit in my mouth til i got back near the ocean!!
    Hawaii sounds really good, though!

NYC would be a great place for such a conference...after all, it is the center of the universe...every NYC mayor has said so...and they wouldnt lie, now would they...

i hope everyone who attends has an informative, interesting and special wkend...hope the weather cooperates...

jess

Comment

Glad to see so many in party mode! Thanks, Jess, I'll hold you to those drinks. Janet
      Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
      Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
      Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
      Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
      T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

just in case, Janet, the offer stands the same for Manhattan as it does for Southern CA... anyone who had fusion to pelvis deserves a drink!

J.

Comment

Jess
          Southern California! If you fly all the way across, and it seems that you are out here often, you should continue onward and visit Hawaii on one of your trips. Go to Kauai, or Maui.

Now, if everyone just wanted to meet up and party.....Mexico makes the most sense to me. Been there done that, quite a few times actually. LOL
          You know how I feel about ocean therapy.

Uno mas cerveza, por favor. That’s all the Spanish you need to know. Just stick to the cooked food, and bottled water or beer only and you will be fine.

I'm thinking about an emergency Mexico or Central America trip right now. These pressing issues constantly happen to me, and are truly an emergency. I think its probably a complication of scoliosis surgery they don’t know about yet.
          Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

hmmm..i haven't had surgery...yet...and still i feel emergency trips to CA and to Manhattan coming soon...perhaps it is a scoli symptom we never noticed before...not cured by surgery...

J.

Comment

I love it too!! I agree with whoever said that you two should create your own Youtube video!! How nice that you got to meet eachother.

So Sharon, are there any other entertaining TiEd stories that you can share?

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
              Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
              Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
              Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
              Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
                Uno mas cerveza, por favor. That’s all the Spanish you need to know. Just stick to the cooked food, and bottled water or beer only and you will be fine.

I'm thinking about an emergency Mexico or Central America trip right now. These pressing issues constantly happen to me, and are truly an emergency. I think its probably a complication of scoliosis surgery they don’t know about yet.
                Ed
                Ed! You're too much. My husband and I were in Mexico again last year and YES, one must be wary of their fresh food (had friends who regretted eating fresh salsa down there), bottled water, bottled beer (do not even drink it from a glass!). I have learned my lesson too many times...

And si, uno mas cerveza por favor! Actually, I do recall saying "Dos mas..."
                Laurie
                Age 57
                Posterior fusion w/thoracoplasty T2-L3 Oct 1, 2010
                Thoracic curve corrected from 61* to 16*
                Lumbar curve, unknown measurement
                Disfiguring back hump GONE!!
                Dr Munish Gupta
                UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA

Comment

Originally posted by debbei View Post
                  I love it too!! I agree with whoever said that you two should create your own Youtube video!! How nice that you got to meet eachother.

So Sharon, are there any other entertaining TiEd stories that you can share?
                  Not that he'd ADMIT to!
                  Singing the Blues
                  Female 1951
                  A/P Surgery Oct 13th & 17th '05, from T7-L5, 46 degree curve reduced to 19 degrees. Rib hump almost gone, but I have flatback. Thought it was "normal" and I would improve over time. I developed kyphosis above the surgical area. Had surgery with Dr Menmuir in Reno, Nv on October 13, 2010.
                  Today I am still plagued with flatback, and I'm considering ALIF surgery.

Comment

[
                    Originally posted by naptown78 View Post
                    Speaking of getting together, LisaB and Confusedmom and I plan on meeting this week too and I am so looking forward to getting to meet in person the people I talk to all the time on the forum! Sharon, I'm so glad you and Ed got to meet!!! So cool :-)))
                    It was cool and it's great you get to meet some fellow members as well! I hope you'll take some picts so that we can see who you all are too!
                    Singing the Blues
                    Female 1951
                    A/P Surgery Oct 13th & 17th '05, from T7-L5, 46 degree curve reduced to 19 degrees. Rib hump almost gone, but I have flatback. Thought it was "normal" and I would improve over time. I developed kyphosis above the surgical area. Had surgery with Dr Menmuir in Reno, Nv on October 13, 2010.
                    Today I am still plagued with flatback, and I'm considering ALIF surgery.

Comment

I love the photo also. It really is great to get together with other scoliosis patients. I have met with three from this forum and feel a really close connection with each one. Sally
                      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Met with Naptown78 & LisaB

Hi all,

I had the pleasure of meeting Kristy (Naptown78) and LisaB today in Indy! They are both fabulous ladies. It is so fun to finally put a face to a (user)name! Kristy is doing incredibly well for four months post-revision. I know she is an inspiration to both Lisa and me. Lisa is getting ready for surgery in a few weeks, so we will all be cheering for her!

I encourage those of you in major metro areas to get together with other scolis from this forum. It's so nice to meet with people who have this in common.

Evelyn
                        age 48
                        80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
                        Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
                        Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
                        Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
                        Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

ConfusedMom, Naptown78 and I had a fun 2 1/2 hour lunch yesterday and we had lots of questions for Kristy. We plan to get together again after I am up and about after my Aug 31 surgery in St Louis. If anyone else in the Indy area wants to get together with us, just let us know!
                          Age 56
                          Wore a Milwaukee Brace for 3 years in hs
                          Fused L4-S1 for high grade spondylolisthesis Jan '09 in Indy
                          Thoracic 68
                          Surgery Aug 31, 2010 T3 to L1
                          Dr Bridwell St Louis
                          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...1&d=1289881696

Comment

I don't know how I missed this thread, but glad I caught it today. I loved the picture. I've noticed how many teachers are on this forum. Maybe it's all the stooping over seated students to help them that contributed to the scoliosis. Well, I acutally doubt it. Anyway, I think it's great that some of you have actually met. Just realized a typo with actually, which I repeated in back to back sentences, but since I'm a retired teacher and it's still summer besides, I just left them!
                            Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                            Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                            70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                            Rib Hump-GONE!
                            Age-60 at the time of surgery
                            Now 66
                            Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                            Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                            Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                            Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                            tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                            http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Working...
                            X