No announcement yet.

Get a load of this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, that is what i meant when i said he had a disclaimer on the video now...it was there yesterday...

those videos all make me want to take a shower! Maria, i couldn't agree with you more...

and there's not an American doctor in the country that would take him seriously after viewing those videos! the only kind of attention he will get from them is the wrong kind!

jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post

and there's not an American doctor in the country that would take him seriously after viewing those videos! the only kind of attention he will get from them is the wrong kind!

jess
      I think my dear - we would be most surprised! Doctors, like managers, tend to stick together.

In the final analysis, in my world, I think Han's said it best: So everybody scared because of this innocent video, please look into the mirror and be scared by yourself!

Comment

It is unseemly for a medical professional to comment on what lay people write. That he actually reacted to these comments is shocking.

That is the most disturbing thing to me.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by mamamax View Post

My very best wishes to all scoliosis patients doing such a good job, complying with treatment and with the braces not always easy to wear........

Dr. Weiss

I don't know if you read us or not Dr. Weiss, but if you do .. sincere thanks for this comment.

As a patient, there is much that separates me from the method you offer. May that rapidly change in the near future - not only for myself, but for many others.

For patients and/or parents, like myself who are searching - and for Doctors also searching ... please - read:

http://cirrie.buffalo.edu/encycloped...uage=e#article

Comment

is that me you are referring to with "i think my dear"?? do you just condescend to people, because i don't recall ever meeting you...i am not your "dear"!!

doctors may stick together when it comes to law suits, but i dont believe there is one American doctor who would want to be tainted with his disgusting video behaviors...calling a brace a "lover"...his videos are appalling! i've met plenty of creepy people in my job as a licensed clinical social worker, but i dont recall any who claimed to be medical doctors!

i am not scared when i look in the mirror, because i don't behave like a creep!

maybe the ocean in Rhode Island this week will wash away the feeling of needing a shower after viewing those videos!

jess

Comment

is that me you are referring to with "i think my dear"?? do you just condescend to people, because i don't recall ever meeting you...i am not your "dear"!!
              Naw Jess ... no condensation implied - I'm an old lady and just talk that way sometimes. No offense intended. I was speaking collectively, hence the word - we.

As time goes by - I personally, do find myself a little scared by the mirror - usually first thing in the morning! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                It is unseemly for a medical professional to comment on what lay people write. That he actually reacted to these comments is shocking.

That is one way to look at it. My first reaction was to be pleasantly surprised by the engagement. Rather unexpectedly refreshing actually. He has a brave heart.

Comment

Have a great vacation Jess! - Maxene

Comment

Comment

doctors may stick together when it comes to law suits, but i dont believe there is one American doctor who would want to be tainted with his disgusting video behaviors...calling a brace a "lover"...his videos are appalling! i've met plenty of creepy people in my job as a licensed clinical social worker, but i dont recall any who claimed to be medical doctors!

i am not scared when i look in the mirror, because i don't behave like a creep!

maybe the ocean in Rhode Island this week will wash away the feeling of needing a shower after viewing those videos!

jess
                      Well said, Jess.

I cannot imagine any of the orthopedic surgeons I have had contact with (and I've dealt with quite a few when we were building the VBS site, and have met several others in the past decade that my son has been treated for scoliosis, etc.) wanting to have anything to do with this creep or his video.

I showed the video to my 19-year old daughter - who is actually very liberal-minded and mature for her age - and she thought it was creepy as well.
                      Last edited by mariaf; 07-30-2010, 06:26 AM.
                      mariaf305@yahoo.com
                      Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                      Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post

Again, I cannot imagine any of the medical professionals I know (and I think 'professionals' is the operative word here) commenting on, or reacting to, what lay people say in this manner.
                        mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

hi Maria
                          on the thread about "rehab of adolescent patients..what do we know", mamamax is apologizing to Dr Weiss about what was said by many of us on forum about his gross videos...unbelievable!

i wrote NOT to apologize for what i said...i stick by it!

jess

Comment

Maxene,
                            I really like you. I like the way you stick with your Spinecor brace and how it is helping you. You give hope to other adults when it seems as though there is none. I don't understand how you don't find these videos disturbing. Is the German culture really that different that they can get away with such sexually provocative videos aimed at adolescent girls with deformities? It's a pretty well known fact that young people often develop crushes on authority figures. This man seems to be playing on that. If a teacher were to make videos like that, he would lose his job. Where are the scoliosis boys? Why only girls and Dr. Weiss? I'm sorry, but I can't apologize for being upset by the videos. Nothing personal toward you. You obviously see something different in these videos that the rest of us are missing.
                            Be happy!
                            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                            but we are alive today!

Comment

Paging: Linda racine

hi Maria
                              on the thread about "rehab of adolescent patients..what do we know", mamamax is apologizing to Dr Weiss about what was said by many of us on forum about his gross videos...unbelievable!

i wrote NOT to apologize for what i said...i stick by it!

jess
                              False Accusation is: An Evil Thing. And when false accusation has been made - apology is due .. as it is in this case.

WILL THE MODERATOR PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD?

CC: JOE O'BRIEN
                              Last edited by mamamax; 07-30-2010, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mamamax View Post
                                False Accusation is: An Evil Thing. And when false accusation has been made - apology is due .. as it is in this case.

WILL THE MODERATOR PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD?
                                False Accuation???? I think not.

I also must ask you - do you have children?? particularly daughters?? I do.

Not that it takes a parent to find that video disturbing, but I am curious.

Funny how you post a link to a video that many, many members found offensive - and NOW you are calling for the thread to be locked because folks are bashing it???

And I'm with Jess - I owe that wacko (who appears to be biting one girl's leg - and calls the brace a 'lover') no apology. You can call it what you want, but I call it creepy, very creepy.
                                Last edited by mariaf; 07-30-2010, 06:25 AM.
                                mariaf305@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X