Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a load of this...

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumed View Post

I have held back on this one big time....I could roll the jokes indefinitly.
    Ed
    Oh please go ahead Ed, share a couple good ones. It's Friday and I could use a couple laughs after a week like I've had!
    Laurie
    Age 57
    Posterior fusion w/thoracoplasty T2-L3 Oct 1, 2010
    Thoracic curve corrected from 61* to 16*
    Lumbar curve, unknown measurement
    Disfiguring back hump GONE!!
    Dr Munish Gupta
    UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA

Quote Originally Posted by lray View Post
    Oh please go ahead Ed, share a couple good ones. It's Friday and I could use a couple laughs after a week like I've had!
    Ed,

don't make us beg, because you know we will

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    Do we need to also worry about his horses?
    I know if I have to ask the joke it stops being funny, but OK - I don't get it.

That said, I HAVE read about horses having scoliosis and being used as a model for human scoliosis. Now, I'm trying to picture some young fillies with equine braces - something to turn on those stallions, and maybe (is this what you meant?) some "special" human males.
    Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
    Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
    main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
    Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Quote Originally Posted by Back-out View Post
    I know if I have to ask the joke it stops being funny, but OK - I don't get it.

That said, I HAVE read about horses having scoliosis and being used as a model for human scoliosis.
    They have to bipedalize them first though...

http://tiny.cc/88g1n

And they hate that by the way.

Now, I'm trying to picture some young fillies with equine braces - something to turn on those stallions, and maybe (is this what you meant?) some "special" human males.
    The latter. Just an innocent question on my part. I tend to be concerned with the livestock as a general rule.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Quote Originally Posted by Pooka1 View Post
    I tend to be concerned with the livestock as a general rule.
    Be very careful, Sharon.

This comment is coming dangerously close to an "Access down low..." comment.
    Amy
    58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
    Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
    Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
    2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
    Exercising to correct

Look, whatever this video looks like, we are in no position to diagnose this guy.

The OP should remove this thread in my opinion (now that we have established the OP can do that).
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

See the pretty monkeys flying?

I agree with Pooka1's above posting.

As I said in the other thread ... Let us not judge too hastily, and as Pooka1 has pointed out, we simply are not qualified to do so anyway.

Do you suppose (anyone), that some judgments on all this *could* be emotion based and lacking in true evidence?

Keeps me on the fence - and watching while waiting (how ironical).

At least I *think* I know enough, to know that judgment without definitive evidence - may be poor judgment. And that of course puts me closer to the skeptic camp as I tip-toe through all things idiopathic ;-)
    Idiopathic, from the Latin meaning: we're idiots 'cause we can't figure out what's causing it (TV Dr. House, MD)

I'm not weird ... I'm simply - multifactorial

i looked at the Dr Weiss "Scoliosis Girls" video again...there is a disclaimer on it now...about how the video is "innocent" and anyone thinking otherwise has something wrong with them...

i guess somebody may have contacted him after the discussion on this forum took place...

jess

Quote Originally Posted by jrnyc View Post
    i looked at the Dr Weiss "Scoliosis Girls" video again...there is a disclaimer on it now...about how the video is "innocent" and anyone thinking otherwise has something wrong with them...

i guess somebody may have contacted him after the discussion on this forum took place...

jess
    Don't know how you even got to that. All three are now coming up to me blocked with a "this video is PRIVATE" sign posted.

I will say one thing - he was really good looking back then. Ah, the last decade hasn't been kind to me, either. Sometimes, aging just seems to go double time...
    Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
    Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
    main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
    Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

saw it by going to you tube...

i think he looks like a real creep!

jess

jess
    I wonder who would do a thing like that ;-)

Someone running a youtube site wouldn't need anyone to tell them about discussions linking to it. They would see increased activity on their youtube site, and, investigating that activity, would see that it was generated by the links in this discussion.

jess
    He can add all the disclsimers he wants - it changes nothing.

So he's a doctor? But instead of spending time on, oh I don't know, the usual things doctors do, he spends time making music videos, reading forums, adding disclaimers to his videos, etc.

Sounds like a true medical professional to me
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Quote Originally Posted by hdugger View Post
    Someone running a youtube site wouldn't need anyone to tell them about discussions linking to it. They would see increased activity on their youtube site, and, investigating that activity, would see that it was generated by the links in this discussion.
    Interesting isn't it? So we see how Spielberg got ideas for Forest Gump :-) Dr. Weiss does have a sense of humor it seems - looks like he is redesigning his Youtube channel. Scoliosis Girls remains with the subtitle:

This innocent video may be hazardous to people with inflated sexual fantasies!

As always, humor providing .... food for thought!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BibiDocWeiss
    Idiopathic, from the Latin meaning: we're idiots 'cause we can't figure out what's causing it (TV Dr. House, MD)

Scoliosis Girls Update

Oh boy .... I like this guy more and more. Here's what appears today .. don't know how long it will remain, but this is more fun (and more educational) than Twitter. Hey, whatever it takes to get the attention of our American doctors, within reason - I'm all for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8QCDkdOWiM

Caution:

This innocent video may be hazardous to people with inflated sexual fantasies!

It really was only produced to ease the load scoliosis patients might have to bear during their periods of treatment.

Anybody thinking something else should contact (his) her psychologist!

My very best wishes to all scoliosis patients doing such a good job, complying with treatment and with the braces not always easy to wear........

Dr. Weiss

PS: There are thousands of parents that would leave their daughters with me in a room for an hour and even more, because they know, she would learn much for her future life, how to correct her scoliosis during the activities of daily living...

This is also true for sons!

So everybody scared because of this innocent video, please look into the mirror and be scared by yourself!

Music by BibiDocWeiss 1995 - 2010