Back cracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back cracking

Alrighty, I am 15 and have a relatively bad curves 35 and 45. Recently though, my back has started to pop and crack alot. When I bend over, lean back, lay on a hard surface, ect... I have recently started belly-dancing, around the same time my back started popping worse. It is getting worse, but there is no pain. Is this because of my dancing? Is it good (like I'm more flexible or something) or bad (like I am irritating my back by dancing)? Any replies about this would be GREAT!!!!
    thanks

hey sagienbloom, i'm around your age with serious curves as well. i do expeirence cracking at times, but it's not in my back. it's up in my neck. don't know why though. anyway, i would watch out if i were you because that constant back cracking can be a sign that your back is going to go "out" on you. that happened to my mom once before. she woke up one morning and her back kept cracking practically everytime she would bend. this went on for a few days until one morning as she was getting up, her back just gave out on here. my dad and i had to help her out of bed. so, ask your doc about that. i mean, that may not be the case with you, but just get it checked out anyway.

Ginny

Comment

I drive for long times and i do notice when i like move now and again or bend down i do get "cracks" or "clicks", my neck get so bad sometimes it jolts/shocks my whole neck and head when it clicks (not good!!), but my doctor says he even gets it and its pretty normal. Apart from my neck getting stiff i havent told him of that. But my advise is try sleeping maybe once a week on your hard floor, with maybe a cushion. helps loads on posture

Comment

umm, sleep on the floor??? is that a British thing, never heard of that one... Isn't it horribly uncomfortable???

Comment

not really a british thing, also try swimming supposed to be good (gravity thing) but i can imagine swimming being a bit scarey if ure scoliosis is visibly bad...

Comment

HI all

growing up knowing a bit about the spine I know that cracking sounds is usually air being released but given the reasons you are here i would definatly bring this up with your Dr. Don't waste time just in case. Never hurts to be safe than sorry.

good luck.

Comment

Happens 2 me 2

yea i dont know why but after i got scoliosis I been able to crack my neck and back alot and now im kinda addicted to it like ill spin around my char grab the back of the chair and just crack my back doesnt hurt but is this bad should i stop?
              25 degree lumbar curver : SUCKS!

Comment

check this out

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2043.html

i think cracking/popping can be bad for one's health, especially if done too harshly or too much

Comment

I do agree that you should check with your doctor.. just in case, but I also experienced a lot of popping and cracking when I started bellydancing.

On the plus side my massage therapist (she's also an athletic therapist) told me that my muscles were more relaxed than most people and she felt less tension in my shoulders and lower back.

About 2 months ago I had to stop dancing to nurse a foot injury and after I stopped she said my back was starting to feel like there were rocks in it. (I promise, I have not been eating rocks or anything) and that I should get back to bellydancing cuz it made such a difference.

So.. if your doctor gives you the okay, I'd say keep doing it I've learned to deal with the popping noises (I find that if I do my dancing often enough the popping and cracking lessens (ie. every day or 2)

I hope this helps. Have fun dancing
                  Age 28
                  diagnosed at age 12
                  wore a boston brace until age 14
                  No surgery, was on "wait and watch" till recently. Got a SpineCor (Jan 27th) to help ease the pain.
                  T-curve 73 degrees with severe rotation (curves to the right)
                  L-curve 45 degrees with slightly less severe rotation than my T-curve (curves to the left)

1994 - 5'10" - T-?/L-? (i forget what they really were)
                  2006 - 5' 4" - T-56/L-40
                  2008/09 - 5' 4" - T-73/L-45

Comment

I've had my problem for going on 10+ years...Kyphoscoliosis at 50 degrees forward and 15 to the right. Decided to finally do something and went to a chiropractor about two years ago and still see him about every 6 weeks, when my back starts acting up. The way I'm bent in all directions I figure an adjustment now and again cant be all that bad and it does feel good after he does his thing. To answer your question, he sure as hell cracks everything!! I told him I do it in the morning as well and his answer was dont try and force it to crack or pop but if it needs it go ahead and do it, keep it loose....so I pop away when I need to

Comment

Working...
                    X