3 year's since Scoliosis Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 year's since Scoliosis Surgery

I've finally hit the 3 year mark from having spinal surgery. Will be seeing the surgeon early next month, to see how things are going etc.

But at times, I still feel paranoid about breaking the rods in my back (3 rods with fusion).

What are some of the things I should find out/know?
    2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Hi Cina2005,

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary. I guess unless you're having problems, this might be the last you see of your surgeon, unless you have complications in the future. It's hard to know what to ask because we don't know whether you're 100% yet, or are having some problems/pain. Have you been seeing your surgeon every 12 months?

But for those of us not yet that far out, I hope you'll let us know how you've fared and whether you feel you are 100% or still improving.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Hi Cina...

There's really nothing to ask unless you have a specific symptom. Hopefully, your xrays will look perfect and you'll have your concerns relieved.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Well, other then being in pain from between my shoulders/lower back and seeing the surgeon every 12 months other then that, nothing major has really happened.

But i will be asking a few questions (1, maybe 2).
        2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Comment

Working...
        X