No announcement yet.

nicoles surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on your daughter's surgery going well! What a relief. I know that this time is very stressful but just keep tucked in your mind that with each week there is steady improvement. One thing that helped comfort wise for my daughter was I bought her a mattress cushion that goes on top of her mattress. It just lays on top underneath the fitted sheet. It is like a down comforter pad. It is very comfortable and she loves it. I got it at a Bed, Bath and Beyond. As for time wise, my daughter really started showing a big difference in comfort at about 5 weeks. 8 weeks and she was really moving well. Keep in mind your daughter's recovery should be quicker and smoother because of having a single fusion not double. Keep positive and just think of all you have put behind you. Best of luck. Hang in there.

Comment

nicole's surgery

hi peggy,
      sorry i didn't write sooner. Thanks for writing. It is a relief that it is over, but i think this recovery is going to be a tough road. That mattress cushion sounds very comfy. I feel like there is no improvement but she did sleep all night last night without waking for a pain pill, so i guess little things like that means some things are improving. She is just so stiff and uncomfortable and any movement is painful. It is hard seeing her in pain and having to go through this.
      thanks again for writing
      jennifer

Comment

How long has it been with your daughter having surgery?

Does she wish that she did not have it done?

is she in pain?

alot ?

little?

Comment

nicoles surgery

hi emily,
          Yesterday was exactly 2 week since my daughters surgery. I will ask her if she regrets it, but i know so many people that i've talked to that have had the surgery it seems like there wasn't one person that regretted it. I'm sure after my daughter is all healed she will say the same. She still is in some pain, but it's not like she came home and was crying all day long of the pain. She seems comfortable all day when she is on the couch or laying down. It still hurts her when she has to get up and walk around, but in time that will get better.
          What are your curves? Any other questions just ask away
          jennifer

Comment

Hi Jennifer,

My curves are 60's my doctor wants me to get surgery but i am not sure if i should. One of my friends i saw the other day which i have not seen for about 4 years had the surgery about 6 months ago and she is walking around fine and everything. I asked her to show me her scar and it just blew my mind that it was like oh gosh.

And when i think about me having the surgery its like i am going to have a line down my back for life. It look like 1inch scar. I am not sure what to do now about what i saw but all in all, i wish this never happen to me or anyone!!!!!

Is your daughters scar like that?

Comment

nicoles surgery

hi emily,

I'm sure it was scary to see your friends scar and think that you might have to have that done to you.
              My daughters incision does go basically the length of her back but it is thin and everyone says that in time it will fade. I'm sure this whole thing is frightening to you so that is why you should take you time in making a decision and maybe do as much research on it as you can until you feel more ready to make the decision. If you get another opinion and the dr suggests that you have the surgery as well as the dr. that you've already seen, then maybe you will feel more comfortable with having it done. My daughters curves were progressing so quickly that we had no choice.
              I'm sure it made you feel alittle better seeing your friend and knowing that she had the surgery six months ago and she was fine and all the people on here too are fine after their recovery. The recovery is slow, but in the long run it is worth it.
              Feel free to ask me any more questions that you may have.
              Jennifer

Comment

Working...
              X