Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharon C View Post
    As Always,
    I feel better after consulting with my crooked friends! Yes, looking up the lung thingy, I find that they are not only common, but mostly benign. Wish I didn't have to spend the big $$ on a CT scan to find out, but there ya go. I really do respect my spine surgeon, and think he has my best interests at heart, but he can't walk in my shoes and feel how I feel from day to day. He definitely wants me to seek other opinions, and I feel even more confident in him for that. I'll see the Reno doc, then perhaps the so-called "deformity" experts at UC Davis. I was going to say forget the whole thing, but how can one forget when one has to stoop over and need a cane just to retrieve the mail? Don't know if I could handle becoming "worse" after a surgery, but don't want to accept that this is it either. I am very blessed in so many ways. I have a wonderful husband and family, and a few good friends who really care. But ultimately, the decision will be mine alone, and I intend to make the best choice possible after getting the best information available to me. Wonder why Doc feels that he needs to remove the old hardware for this new venture? I'll definitely ask that next time, wasn't quick enough on the draw this last time.
    Thank-you all for your input and expertise! No one knows better than you do!!
    S
    Hi Sharon!

I had a revision in March for kyphosis and sagittal imbalance and am doing very well so far. I don't know if the cause of my problems are the same as yours but my symptoms were exactly the same. I HATED having to stoop over every day just to walk around my house at the "young" age of 50. It was very very fatiguing and took alot out of me physically and emotionally. The surgery itself is every bit if not more complicated as the original surgery as my surgeon told me but I just had to do it. All my surgery took place in the lumbar area and he took the hardware out and replaced it, up to L3 because he did an osteotomy which is like a 'wedge' cut in my vertrebral bone at that level. I pictured it as cranking my spine back to 'straight'. I join in the chorus and recommend the 2nd and 3rd opinions. Make sure these are experienced revision surgeons. Again, my situation may not be what yours is so I can only speak for my own experience. Good luck in finding your solutions!
    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
    X