No announcement yet.

Clinical Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a little more information on this study because we've been asked to join the study. Interestingly, it's a randomized study. I'll be anxious to hear how that works. As a scoliosis patient, can you imagine going to see a surgeon and being told that they'd like to randomize you into the surgical or non-surgical arm? Most of our patients come in pretty much knowing that they already want surgery or not, and I think it will be difficult to convince a patient who wants surgery that they shouldn't have surgery, as well as the other way around.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
      I have a little more information on this study because we've been asked to join the study. Interestingly, it's a randomized study. I'll be anxious to hear how that works. As a scoliosis patient, can you imagine going to see a surgeon and being told that they'd like to randomize you into the surgical or non-surgical arm? Most of our patients come in pretty much knowing that they already want surgery or not, and I think it will be difficult to convince a patient who wants surgery that they shouldn't have surgery, as well as the other way around.
      Lol...that good old "evidence based" medicine. Have fun with that!

Comment

Working...
      X