Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clinical Trial

I have a little more information on this study because we've been asked to join the study. Interestingly, it's a randomized study. I'll be anxious to hear how that works. As a scoliosis patient, can you imagine going to see a surgeon and being told that they'd like to randomize you into the surgical or non-surgical arm? Most of our patients come in pretty much knowing that they already want surgery or not, and I think it will be difficult to convince a patient who wants surgery that they shouldn't have surgery, as well as the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaRacine View Post
    I have a little more information on this study because we've been asked to join the study. Interestingly, it's a randomized study. I'll be anxious to hear how that works. As a scoliosis patient, can you imagine going to see a surgeon and being told that they'd like to randomize you into the surgical or non-surgical arm? Most of our patients come in pretty much knowing that they already want surgery or not, and I think it will be difficult to convince a patient who wants surgery that they shouldn't have surgery, as well as the other way around.
    Lol...that good old "evidence based" medicine. Have fun with that!