Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to bring

Hello
    when you go to the hospital what should you bring as far as clothes wise??? all I konw is that you want to be comfortable

Alexandra Jones

Hi Alexandra...

I have a list of helpful things during preparation and recovery on my website:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/PreparingforSurgery.htm

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Comfy clothes that you can easily get on and off, you may find it hard to lift your arms up for awhile afterwards so stuff that buttons up at the front may be helpful.

In stuff to "do", things that don't require alot of concentration are good. You'll probably find that your concentration span post surgery isn't very good. As your still very tired, doped up on medication. Definetly no books. Magazines with short articles, disc-man (walkman) are good. You'll probably find yourself sleeping/ dozing a lot anyway.

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR SURGERY

Comment

thank you

Thanks
        for all the useful tips that will really help!!
        Alexandra

Comment

Hi Alexandra. May i ask some q's?

You live so close to me. I live in Burnaby. I'm thinking you going to do the surgery at BC Children's Hospital. If, so is your surgeon, Dr. Tredwell or Dr. Reilly. Just wondering what your curves are if u dont mind? Cause I have already went to like 2 yrs worth of appointment. How long was the delay from the last appointment to surgery date? It really be nice if a person like you who lives so close to me can share your info. As for myself, I see Dr.Reilly in like 2 weeks for an appointment and would like surgery if he lets me in december, january, march as I have school.

Thanks, very much

Comment

First of all, good luck with surgery!

I just had my surgery, and I overpacked quite a bit. I think that the most important things to bring are comfortable, non-skid slippers.

I packed magazines, etc., but I was way too out of it to read them. My nurses really liked them though, and it was sometimes nice to have mindless junk read aloud to me.

hope that helps!
            -Lili
            formerly:
            50* upper curve
            29* lower curve

surgery was October 25- doing great!

Comment

Working...
            X