Wich are the guilty ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flerc View Post
    I can not believe the ignorance may be so great.
    I can.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

if it's true, nobody knows nothing about anatomy.

Comment

Flerc

Yes, the amount of force and also the EMG readings between both sides.
        This has to have been done....

If the EMG readings are lower on a weak muscle, then why? Does the electrical signal come all the way from the brain? Too bad we couldn’t program the brain for specific functions, like turning on the blood supply to the disc, to keep it from drying out as we age.

Too bad we couldn’t control cells. It would solve many issues....
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Oh well, right now we really have to worry about controlling oil companies, and their greed before the oceans are destroyed.....I guess ignorance runs rampant, it is depressing.....

Some things are right out in front of us.
        http://www.ecogeek.org/automobiles/659
        Compress the air with solar.
        Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
          Flerc

Yes, the amount of force and also the EMG readings between both sides.
          This has to have been done....
          Ed
          Maybe you are right Ed, I don't know, but there not should to be any doubt about this. I think that muscle length is more relevant than strenght. It should not to be a debatable issue..

Comment

I think even if we all come to a consensus on which part is causing the most trouble, we still have the problem of finding someone capable of treating that area. Thus far, there aren't any nonsurgical cures that I've ever seen. We should all go out and get M.D.'s and Ph.D.'s and put our heads together and figure this out! LOL (just kidding, of course!)
            Be happy!
            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
            but we are alive today!

Comment

i am now very concerned about Scooby getting wobbly...this will definitely keep me up at nite!

jess

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                I think even if we all come to a consensus on which part is causing the most trouble, we still have the problem of finding someone capable of treating that area. Thus far, there aren't any nonsurgical cures that I've ever seen.
                it depends about what you consider a cure.
                We should all go out and get M.D.'s and Ph.D.'s and put our heads together and figure this out! LOL (just kidding, of course!)
                It would be interesting to see a group of scientist trying to solve her own problem!.. Surely we would start trying to know the answer to these elemental questions..

Comment

It would be interesting to see a group of scientist trying to solve her own problem!.. Surely we would start trying to know the answer to these elemental questions..
                  A cure is reversal of the disease, not just stopping progression. What better people to work on the puzzle than ones who suffer from the affliction or parents of children who suffer? People that have it, know far more how it affects life quality than people who don't.

Poor Scuby! Maybe that's why I don't see him on TV anymore. He got all wobbly!
                  Be happy!
                  We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

Hey Fer, what do you consider a cure?

I think it is a spine that is permanently straight and flexible.

The only thing we have now to accomplish that with the least doubt as to whether they are influencing the result are the non-fusion surgical techniques (VBS, VEPTR, growth rods, etc.)

Fusion gives straight but not flexible.

There is little evidence supporting anything else for permanent straight with flexibility.
                    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                      Hey Fer, what do you consider a cure?

I think it is a spine that is permanently straight and flexible.

The only thing we have now to accomplish that with the least doubt as to whether they are influencing the result are the non-fusion surgical techniques (VBS, VEPTR, growth rods, etc.)

Fusion gives straight but not flexible.

There is little evidence supporting anything else for permanent straight with flexibility.
                      Hi Sharon, I do not think about cures, I think about a solution to a problem. I have specified the solution requirements and restrictions of my problem in my first thread: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...t=10151&page=2 (03-05-2010, 09:13 AM)
                      Scientist are looking for something like a vaccine that probably not solve this problem, and those kind of techniques are used only during grow.

Comment

Discs!

I have read that Total Disk replacement is used in lumbar scoliosis. I'm mistaken?
                        If only the replacement of discs in this kind of scoliosis leads to reduce the curve, it means that muscles, vertebras, ligaments.. has nothing to do. I´m mistaken?

Comment

Working...
                        X