Update on Brianna's surgery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Brianna's surgery!

Brianna is coming along. Slowly but surely, nights are the worst. I am up quite a bit just trying to get her to feel comfortable. I asked the nurse last week about PT and she said that they usually don't get any. I was surprised to hear this but she repeated it to me over. So I guess when I go to her appt in a couple of weeks I'll check with her doctor on this. On the better side, she started with her tutoring yesterday so she can finish out the year and move up to 8th grade.

PT and Tutoring

Meg and Maddie never had PT. Meg had already had some and hated it so I didn't push it. I think they lost out on some of movement because of missing it. They have tight muscles which are prone to more atheltic injuries so PT would have been great. For being the 4th and 5th kids I didn't have the energy to drag two snarly 15 year olds. Their loss.

Tutoring
    Luckily this is close to the end of the year! I really had a hard time this year with MAddie being home with the two back to back surgeries.
    Pain was an issue as well as energy level. She was very anemic- lost lots of blood.Between those two factors it was hard to know when and when not to push. Maddie also had months of bacterial infection so she was worn out!

I would push for a web cam experience rathen than a home tutor. But school isn't going to be long for you. The home tutoring was blah. The other thing is to get a chair that would accomodate her pain level. That never worked for us because Maddie would have pain after an hour and would need meds and need to move. Her favorite place is the coach.

Get some sleep if you can!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck. Mary

Comment

Working...
    X