Muscle physiology questions for Dr. McIntire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
    That is exactly how the Copes brace worked, and it was meant to be worn full time. Hundreds (thousands?) were taken in by his fraudulent claims, and I've yet to hear about a single person who had a permanent reduction.
    May be I'm not understanding you right.
    Do you are suggesting that FED is a fraud?

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
      It is a fraud if they claim it permanently reduces curves. Do they claim that?
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I suspect 100% of the treatments you have found on the internet are fraudulent.

There is no easy solution to structural scoliosis. The people that make these claims are preying on people like you, who want to believe there's an easy fix.
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
          It is a fraud if they claim it permanently reduces curves. Do they claim that?
          I did not read the book but probably Ph. Sastre claim that, I'm not sure. He told about amazing reductions after one year of treatment. Why it is a fraud if he claim it?

Comment

I did not read the book but probably Ph. Sastre claim that, I'm not sure. He told about amazing reductions after one year of treatment. Why it is a fraud if he claim it?
            Because unless he has proof he is lying. (ETA or mistaken. But about 100% of these alternative purveyors are lying because they never present proof so they know it doesn't work.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by lindaracine View Post
              i suspect 100% of the treatments you have found on the internet are fraudulent.

There is no easy solution to structural scoliosis. The people that make these claims are preying on people like you, who want to believe there's an easy fix.
              what do you know what i want to believe?? Who do you think that you are? Which are your credits for judge people and for speak about scoliosis?
              If you your knowledge is so great, explain me now in a scientist way why fed can not work!!
              Last edited by flerc; 06-12-2010, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Because unless he has proof he is lying. (ETA or mistaken. But about 100% of these alternative purveyors are lying because they never present proof so they know it doesn't work.
                Sharon, I don't know if it is true. He tall about great improvements, but wait.. LindaRacine will tell us a scientist reason that only someone with her great knoledge coud give!

Comment

Sharon, I don't know if it is true. He tall about great improvements,
                  Talk is worthless. He has to show before and after x-rays of PROOF that the method permanently reduced curves.

So far, NO alternative method has ever done that. We know this is the case because they are still doing fusions. If these methods worked there would be no fusions and everyone would reduce their curve permanently without surgery.

In fact there is NO evidence anyone has ever reduced their curve permanently with anything except fusion.

If people have proof then why don't they show it? If they have it then why are they hiding it?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Talk is worthless. He has to show before and after x-rays of PROOF that the method permanently reduced curves.

So far, NO alternative method has ever done that. We know this is the case because they are still doing fusions. If these methods worked there would be no fusions and everyone would reduce their curve permanently without surgery.

In fact there is NO evidence anyone has ever reduced their curve permanently with anything except fusion.

If people have proof then why don't they show it? If they have it then why are they hiding it?
                    Sharon, he showed a lot of x-rays as I posted in other threads. He says that only works during growth and he never said it works 100% of cases.
                    But it should to be a scientist proof that it can not works, not only signs.
                    I'm waiting for LindaRacine explanation.. I don't want to believe she is as I think she is every time she makes a comment! May be her great knowledge and intelligence leads she to think we are stupids.

Comment

Sharon, he showed a lot of x-rays as I posted in other threads. He says that only works during growth and he never said it works 100% of cases.
                      Can you show me the thread please or teh site with x-rays? Gracias.

But it should to be a scientist proof that it can not works, not only signs.
                      I'm waiting for LindaRacine explanation.. I don't want to believe she is as I think she is every time she makes a comment! May be her great knowledge and intelligence leads she to think we are stupids.
                      There is a difference between:

1. intelligence (ability to think logically and independently), and

2. knowledge (knowing facts).

Intelligent people can be ignorant of facts. Non-intelligent people can know facts. It's not the same.

While Linda certainly seems intelligent, she is also extremely knowledgeable about the situation on the ground with scoliosis.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

http://www.sastre-roca.com/casospracticos.html

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                        people like you, who want to believe there's an easy fix.
                        As I said once, something like this only applies to someone not very smart or with an intellectually poor training or desperate.
                        Well, her education allow her to do such kind of comments, but someone so smart would never says that someone is a fraudster as she is saying that Sastre is unless she can prove it.
                        So I still await her scientific explanation. Otherwise I'll have to think that she is the fraud, not the invention of this scientist.

Comment

Does he say it can produce a permanent reduction in the curve or do you have to do the treatment the rest of your life?

Many PT and brace treatments produce temporary reductions. That is not useful when comparing to surgery. The only useful result is if it produces a permanent reduction like surgery does.

If it produces a permanent reduction in curves then it is the first non-surgical treatment to ever do that and the inventor needs a Nobel Prize in physiology/medicine. But we don't see that.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I can not believe surgeon can be fraudsters as LindaRaicine refers to Sastre. They say that brace may be a solution by itself, not only to delay surgery. May be they have not idea about what they are doing and all her knowledge is limited to surgery?
                            I know people telling me about a really significant reduction remaining at over 10 years after the brace removing, so I can not believe it. We should to wait until her death to be sure, I know, but I have not so many time and this are good signs for me.
                            So if braces can work sometimes and sometimes not as surgeons say, why can not be that the some occurs with something else like Fed?
                            I think there are very good signs to believe in it. I don’t believe that an invention working some times and some times not as brace does, needs a Nobel Prize.
                            But all those signs interpretation are of course debatable, we can not prove anything as surely LindaRicene could, so wait for her great explanation. When I'll read it I'll advice some parents I know who are having great outcomes with Fed.

Comment

what do you know what i want to believe?? Who do you think that you are? Which are your credits for judge people and for speak about scoliosis?
                              If you're not wanting to believe in all these therapies, why do you post them?

If you your knowledge is so great, explain me now in a scientist way why fed can not work!!
                              http://www.scoliosislinks.com/AlternativesDontWork.htm
                              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

When I'll read it I'll advice some parents I know who are having great outcomes with Fed.
                                I would LOVE to see some proof.

Comment

Working...
                                X