Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linda,
    ROTFLOL..........

Sure, what kind of results do you want ??
    SandyC

Comment

hi all,

Found this published by the 3 chiropractors mentioned

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content...-2474-5-32.pdf

What are your thoughts Linda?

ged

Comment

Ged...

Read the comments attached to the study here:

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2474/5/32/comments

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda,

Yes, i read the comments, and also the pre publication assessment by the publishing web site demanding changes to the methodology of reporting.
          These are simialr to the comments you and others have requested.

i tend to agree that the study was too subjective, which is very unfortunate.

Theres not much else to say, but here are the URLS to their corporate web site.

They have a web site that provides more information, that is aimed at chiropractic practitioners, and selling the "technology".
          http://www.pettibonsystem.com

in addition i also found they have a new web site aimed at patients.
          http://www.spinephysicians.org/pagep247.cfm

http://www.spinephysicians.org is some chiropractic association they are a memebr of.

Regards

Ged

Comment

I have read all of the other threads but could I ask this.... I understand that chiropractor care cannot correct the spine's curve which I have supposely around a 20 s-shaped curve in the thoracic??? I had gotten xrays done when I went to a chiropractor and that's how I found out that I had scoliosis, so I haven't gotten looked at by an Orthopaedic Dr. yet and had to switch my app and it will not be until August. I am 24 and have posted on this forum before, but getting to the point of my question Will it not hurt my spine to get chiropractor care? And I would just like it b/c of my chronic back ache and now my neck is painful to turn to the left, therefore I want to make an app. to go back to the chiropractor to see if it will help with the pain in the meantime until I go see the Orthopaedic Dr. Is this Ok to do in the meantime or should I just stay away from that and wait to see the DR.???
            Thanks for reading this- Nichol

Comment

Nichol...

Unfortunately, there is no study to determine one way or the other. My curves continued to increase at about 3-5 degrees a year while I was in chiropractic care, but there's no way of knowing whether the treatments actually hurt or helped that.

If adjustments help with your pain, I think you should continue to do it.

Regards,
              Linda
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Linda, I will keep going to the chiropractor but I only go twice a month so I don't think it will do any harm. I was just glad to hear that there is no real cause from your spine being curved worst from getting chiropractor care. Thanks again- Nichol

Comment

Nichol...

I want to be sure you understood my response. The fact that there are no studies could mean that there is or is not cause for concern. I'm not a medical professional, so my opinion is about as good as your own. :-)

Regards,
                  Linda

Comment

I've seen a chiropracter at work with my daughter and it was difficult not to either laugh out loud or walk out in anger because of the rubbish being said and done. Not only was the back "straightened" within one session, at the same session she straightened the heels, knees, pelvis and the nose (no joke) and she absolutely believed in the effectiveness of her treatment (which consisted of some superficial turning movement of the hand whilst applying light pressure,)

The worse of all was the falso hope given to my daughter and my wife through the absolute confidence of "i see what is wrong, i'll sort you out, you'll be nice and straight soon........"

just had to get rid of that.....

gerbo

Comment

The worse of all was the false hope given to my daughter and my wife
                      Hi Gerbo...

I agree. Years ago, I met a young girl whose mother had been taking her to a chiropractor for years, and was convinced that the treatment was helping. I don't know what this girl's curve was, but it was huge. She had the largest rib hump I've ever personally seen. The teen eventually had to have several surgeries.

Regards,
                      Linda

Comment

hope can be very seductive.....

Comment

Jinseeker...

Those differences are small enough to be considered in the margin of error. One would expect to see up to 5 degrees of difference between x-rays taken in the AM and x-rays taken in the PM. Even if the differences were significant, the proof would be if you managed to keep the correction after treatment was discontinued.

--Linda

Comment

Jinseeker...

There is a slight difference, but it truly could be attributed to having the x-ray taken at a different time of the day, being in pain one day and not the other, etc. It's your $, but I'd discourage anyone else reading this message to ask for a money back guarantee before embarking on such a program.

--Linda

Comment

Working...
                            X