what to wear under brace-ladies only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to wear under brace-ladies only

I am going to be wear my TLSO brace for at least the next 4-6 months and while I do not mind wearing it,I just do not know what to wear under it. I cannot wear under it that is tight near my incision but if I a not wearing a bra then my breasts hurt so I do not know what to do.

what are you wearing under your brace?

Melissa

Hi there,

Have you tried the UnderArmour Womens Sleeveless (or short-sleeved) HeatGear shirts? They have quite a snug fit (they call it "compression" fit) so they would provide a very slight amount of breast support, but they are smooth and cool underneath a brace. You can search for them online.

Good luck,
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

I wore a sports bra. Make sure to use the ones that don't have a seam in the middle of the back. Fruit of the Loom and Hanes both make them. They have about 6 hooks in the front so their relatively easy to get into. Comfy too.

Get well soon.

Comment

I wore T-shirts under my brace and my mother's underware (she's bigger) on my bottom. Did not look good but very functional. My turtle shell had velcro made by NASA. I could not get it off by myself.
        Shari

Comment

I wore sports bras and a T-shirt over that, but then the brace was rubbing along the top part of my arm causing me a horrible itchy rash, so I ended up having to wear a sweater every time I wore the brace. I was a sweaty Lynettie
          Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
          Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
          Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
          Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

I just wear a short or long sleeved soft top underneath. No bra. It fits so tight that the brace provides all the support I need (not that I'm all that big anyway). Good luck:-)
            May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Can you try the camisole tops that have the soft built in bras? They worked for me before I could deal with putting a bra on. I have been out of my brace completely for about the last 2 weeks. Since then, I don't have nearly as much of that shoulder blade pain. They are sort of heavy for those healing muscles to support but I really didn't mind it too much.

Anne in PA
              Age 58
              Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
              T4 to sacrum fusion
              63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
              Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
              Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

I have been wearing those camis with the built in bras under my brace since the weather has been warmer this week and they work well. I can't wait till I am out of my brace!

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Originally posted by naptown78 View Post
                  I have been wearing those camis with the built in bras under my brace since the weather has been warmer this week and they work well. I can't wait till I am out of my brace!
                  Where have you found them?

Melissa

Comment

I got some at Kohl's (don't know if that's a chain in your area) and most dept. stores have them in the lingerie section.

Anne in PA
                    Age 58
                    Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
                    T4 to sacrum fusion
                    63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
                    Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
                    Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

Melissa,
                      I have gotten them at Kohls, Meijer, JC Penney, Target. Lots of places sell them, even Walmart I suspect! I lived in them after my first surgery as a bra annoyed me and my incision.

Comment

I am going to look for them . I think that I have seen them and that they will help me out

thanks

melissa

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.I have found some tanks that are working just fine

Melissa

Comment

Working...
                          X