Update on Brianna's spinal fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Brianna's spinal fusion

Brianna had her spinal fusion on Tuesday and is now 2 days postop and we are waiting to see if she can do some things today-get up and take some steps maybe, have some tubing removed and meds replaced with oral meds which are all big steps for us. It's been a difficult 2 days in recovery but from what I can tell this is normal and she is such a trooper. For all of you who have been through this, you know the feeling and it is wonderful to have the surgery overwith after so much anticipation. We thank God every day and thank the doctors, nurses, hospitals and the scoliosis forum for being there for us and especially for Brianna.

Brianna age 15, down syndrome, fused t4-l3 on 05/18/2010
    Nemours/Alfred I. Dupont Hospital, Wilmington, DE
    Surgeon-Dr. A. Shah
    If anyone is interested in knowing more about this hospital or surgeon, please email me. They are one of the best. MaryannChidzik@comcast.net
    VSD surgery - 1996

Wonderful news! You are on the "other side"! May she have a speedy recovery!

Comment

Great News and Continued Good Luck

I am glad things are going well for your daughter. I never heard off a DS person with scoliosis but it could have happened in our family. My DS cousin is my hero.Hope time fllies by fast and she is home and can enjoy the summer as much as possible.

Comment

GREAT news. She will get better and better each day !
        Gina ( and Mandy)
        "With God All Things Are Possible"
        Mom to Mandy,age 11, surgery on Jan 14,2010
        to correct 51 degree T and 63 degree L curvatures.

Comment

Thank you for the well wishes - update on Bri!

Brianna is coming along. Slowly but surely, nights are the worst. I am up quite a bit just trying to get her to feel comfortable. I asked the nurse last week about PT and she said that they usually don't get any. I was surprised to hear this but she repeated it to me over. So I guess when I go to her appt in a couple of weeks I'll check with her doctor on this. On the better side, she started with her tutoring yesterday so she can finish out the year and move up to 8th grade.

Comment

Working...
          X