Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8-month post-op, but what the heck is going on with the scar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-month post-op, but what the heck is going on with the scar?

Hey, all.

My dd, Paula, had surgery 8 months ago (t-2 to t-12).

I've been checking her scar regularly, and today for the first time, I noticed two pinprick size dots at about 2" and 3 3/4" from the top of her scar.

They do not appear to be open, but they remind me me almost of what sewing holes (maybe b/c I'm thinking of stitches).

I called the NP, and she said that at 8 months post op, dd shouldn't be having a problem with stitches (but we all know how my dd is, don't we?)

I was having a hard time taking pics to send to the NP, and of course, b/c she couldn't see them, she couldn't venture what she thought it could be.

So I asked her to fax any reports about the stitching used to my dd's GP and
    he will check dd out tomorrow.

She has no pain, but then again, she still doesn't have a lot of feeling around the scar.

I know at one point Pam said something about her (Pam) spitting out stitches and I'm wondering if this is going on.

Other than that, things are going fairly smoothly except her GP wants her off the iron and dd had a real bad time w/cramping again during her menses (she doesn't experience this when she's on the iron--all the problem w/the menses started after her first blood donation last May).

But anyway, that's another story for another time.

So if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them so I know what to address with her GP tomorrow.

Thanks!
Working...
X