• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emory Spine Center: Dr. Ananthakrishnan

Has anyone been seen by this surgeon?

Originally posted by mary ann View Post
    Has anyone been seen by this surgeon?
    Look for him on the Scoliosis Research Society website to find out if he is SRS certified.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

She is not an SRS member. Why is that important?

Comment

Yes, I am scheduled for her to do my surgery 6/29 - I have only met with her once but I have faith in her.l I think anyone at Emory is good.

Comment

I wish you well on your upcoming surgery. I am very interested in hearing about Dr. A. and your general impression of her mannerisms and expertise. Please tell me about your scoliosis. My lumbar curve was 62 degrees 2 yrs. ago. No other symptoms/problems. Suggested that I have surgery within the next 2 yrs. I need to re establish myself with a new surgeon since Dr. Horton retired from Emory. Please keep me posted on your surgery. Thanks.

Comment

Mary Ann -- I recently had surgery at Emory with Dr Yoon. I have been very pleased with him. I am doing very well.

While in the hospital, I mentioned Dr A and the nurse (one of the head nurses) raved about her. She said Dr A was excellent and was given some of their most difficult cases. I had heard the same thing about Dr Yoon. So it seems they both are very good.

Glenda
            Glenda
            Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
            Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
            Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
            A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
            Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
            Pleased with outcome

Comment

Working...
            X