Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of Sling Exercise Therapy(SET)?Uesful or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of Sling Exercise Therapy(SET)?Uesful or not?

hello,everyone
    I'm a chinese girl,27 years old,43degree.I have heard of a treatment called Sling Exercise Therapy(SET) ,which aimed at alleviating or even heal skeleton and muscle complaints.Is it helpful to my scoliosis?Has anyone tried?Is it safty?

Best regards
    Last edited by Cristina; 05-10-2010, 09:12 AM. Reason: wrong remember,it's 43

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
    hello,everyone
    I'm a chinese girl,27 years old,43degree.I have heard of a treatment called Sling Exercise Therapy(SET) ,which aimed at alleviating or even heal skeleton and muscle complaints.Is it helpful to my scoliosis?Has anyone tried?Is it safty?

Best regards
    No but if Flerc hasn't heard and posted about it then I doubt it actually exists.

Can you post a website for the treatment?
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
      No but if Flerc hasn't heard and posted about it then I doubt it actually exists.

Can you post a website for the treatment?
      Thanks for reply,
      the website:
      http://www.praeha.de/en/weiterbildun...y-basis.html#2
      http://therapilates.com/redcord.html
      http://www.praeha.de/en/.../sling-ex...apy-basis.html
      http://www.sunflowers-agency.com/......se-therapy.php
      I heard of it from my massagist,and it can be found in some hospital in China and also in Beijing Sport University.

Comment

Sorry Sharon, I checked my file and definitely I have never heard about SET. It’s a good new for me to know how incomplete could it be.
        It seems to me as a mix between GPR and Pilates (even I think are incompatibles).
        I believe it is not specialized in Scoliosis, and I’m so afraid of therapies not developed in a specific way for this pathology. But I have fear of everything, and I think that traction is important in every scoliosis therapy, so it could be fine, but trainers should to have a great knowledge about scoliosis.

Comment

Originally posted by pooka1 View Post
          no but if flerc hasn't heard and posted about it then i doubt it actually exists.

can you post a website for the treatment?
          lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
            Sorry Sharon, I checked my file and definitely I have never heard about SET. It’s a good new for me to know how incomplete could it be.
            It seems to me as a mix between GPR and Pilates (even I think are incompatibles).
            I believe it is not specialized in Scoliosis, and I’m so afraid of therapies not developed in a specific way for this pathology. But I have fear of everything, and I think that traction is important in every scoliosis therapy, so it could be fine, but trainers should to have a great knowledge about scoliosis.
            I agree with you about the lack of specificity for scoliosis. Without being specifically designed to derotate the vertebrae and elongate the spine in the precise manner necessary, it is just another conditioning exercise form that can ultimately cause more damage because it would exacerbate the curves and the humps.

It looks like an interesting form, but it also looks like a glorified theraband exercise modality. I would not lean in the direction of recommending this modality for my clients.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritofbamboo View Post
              I agree with you about the lack of specificity for scoliosis. Without being specifically designed to derotate the vertebrae and elongate the spine in the precise manner necessary, it is just another conditioning exercise form that can ultimately cause more damage because it would exacerbate the curves and the humps.

It looks like an interesting form, but it also looks like a glorified theraband exercise modality. I would not lean in the direction of recommending this modality for my clients.
              bamboo. in fact I only know 4 therapies specialized in scoliosis: Schroth, SEAS, ABR and RPG. All other therapies could be more or less related to the scoliosis, and of course a great knowledge is required. I agree that derotate should accompany elongation, but I can not understand how is possible my daughter can stretch her spine when she lies down http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10546 It's possible to deroate the vertebras in an automatic way? The spine is moving inside the internal organs?. When she sleep and change her posture over the bed, her organs are continuously moving inside her body?

I'm seriously evaluating an eastern treatment for my daughter. Do you use onnetsu http://www.firebird-acupuncture.com/...tsuTherapy.php before acupuncture sessions? I have read it is used in hernial disks, so I suppose it could regenerate disks. I want to prove it, but I donīt know about risks.
              I have heard that acupuncture professionals could do a diagnosis about the organ involved in the disease. Could it be possible? I have read in a forum about a girl saying she was near surgery and an acupuncturist said her she had a lower ki in her bladder and with an eastern treatment attacking that problem she improved enough, and surgery was not necessary. Of course, is difficult to believe it, but then I read in a Shiatsu book that bladder dysfunction could lead to scoliosis.
              Okido people says that some organs are the cause of scoliosis: 'Yes, the position of the person has to do with the internal organs, for example on the right side we have the left liver and stomach. If the liver is harder than the stomach column will deflect causing scoliosis (that traditional medicine has nothing to do).
              They never thought that what may be affecting the spine may be the body or the way of thinking or emotion. Okido works through internal organs, improve, strengthen the energy of the lower (tandem) and that changes the position'.
              It's incredible but it is what Abr people says about organs (perpetrators rather than victims). It's compatible also with German New Medicine (emotions affecting organs). Do you have heard something like that?
              Last question: Could you know if medullary tension exists in someone? I think that sacro craneal Ostheopaty is the only one discipline in the world dealing with this. They says it's a cause of scoliosis.

Excuse me for so many questions and thanks in advance!

Comment

bamboo. in fact I only know 4 therapies specialized in scoliosis: Schroth, SEAS, ABR and RPG.
                I forgot to mention Fed and Clear

Comment

I forgot to mention Fed and Clear
                  Clear is more of a religion I think as opposed to a therapy.

They admit they have no evidence and just rely on faith in their "ideas."
                  Last edited by Pooka1; 05-25-2010, 08:55 AM.
                  Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                  Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I'm seriously evaluating an eastern treatment for my daughter. Do you use onnetsu http://www.firebird-acupuncture.com/...tsuTherapy.php before acupuncture sessions? I have read it is used in hernial disks, so I suppose it could regenerate disks. I want to prove it, but I donīt know about risks.
                    I have heard that acupuncture professionals could do a diagnosis about the organ involved in the disease. Could it be possible? I have read in a forum about a girl saying she was near surgery and an acupuncturist said her she had a lower ki in her bladder and with an eastern treatment attacking that problem she improved enough, and surgery was not necessary. Of course, is difficult to believe it, but then I read in a Shiatsu book that bladder dysfunction could lead to scoliosis.
                    Okido people says that some organs are the cause of scoliosis: 'Yes, the position of the person has to do with the internal organs, for example on the right side we have the left liver and stomach. If the liver is harder than the stomach column will deflect causing scoliosis (that traditional medicine has nothing to do).
                    They never thought that what may be affecting the spine may be the body or the way of thinking or emotion. Okido works through internal organs, improve, strengthen the energy of the lower (tandem) and that changes the position'.
                    It's incredible but it is what Abr people says about organs (perpetrators rather than victims). It's compatible also with German New Medicine (emotions affecting organs). Do you have heard something like that?
                    Last question: Could you know if medullary tension exists in someone? I think that sacro craneal Ostheopaty is the only one discipline in the world dealing with this. They says it's a cause of scoliosis.

Excuse me for so many questions and thanks in advance!
                    Acupuncture is a traditional treatment of Chinese Medicine,it's really an effective treatment,but I have never heard that it's useful for scoliosis.It's a eastern treatment,but even in China,the birthplace of acupuncture,it is seldom used for scoliosis.

Comment

Working...
                    X