Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas Profilax

http://www.atlasprofilax.ch/frontweb...3D%3D&NA%3D%3D
    My brother in law had an incredible improvement of her health after only one session, but he has not scoliosis.
    They said me that surely it should to works too, but they have not enough cases of people with scoliosis yet to be sure.

I found that this treatment is available in London (UK) too. This info is from the website of the woman offering it there:

"If you suffer from recurring back pain, migraines and headaches, a stiff neck, joint pain in the hips and or knees, rotation of the hips, repetitive strain injury, jammed spinal nerves, trapped nerves, a difference in leg length, there is now new hope.

With a simple safe and quick correction called the AtlasPROfilax®, people with many different pains and conditions have experienced amazing results.

The Method is called AtlasPROfilax® and it’s a strategic and non-chiropractic massage which is applied to the short musculature of the neck. In only one application, safely and permanently, the Atlas bone returns to its correct position. Old patterns clear and the entire system begins to function to its fullest potential. Many patients say it's nothing short of a miracle.!!!"

Neck manipulation? You have to be very, very careful about that sort of thing, it can be really dangerous!!

Comment

I'm certain that the inventor is going to be rich beyond anyone's imagination.... or not. ;-)
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I had my Atlas adjusted twice by 2 different Chiros years ago. Its not an adjustment they do often.

I also had an Osteo adjust my sacrum once, and that felt great. It relieved quite a bit of tension. I never had a Chiro do this move on me, I figured it was not taught to Chiros.

I've had every level of my spine adjusted at some point. My neck was adjusted on every visit over 20 years. My surgeon approved my neck adjustments after my surgeries.

As much as I like massage, and I've done many, now after surgery, I don’t benefit much from them anymore. I'm fused and pain free.

I'm sure this method works to a point, even if it only addresses one level.
        Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Early in my horse's rehab for a serious orthopedic condition, I found that he could not flex his head right from the poll which I believe is the atlas in horses. My trainer immediately noticed this and massaged the area for between 5 and 10 minutes. After that he could flex right.

So I'm going to say massage works at least to restore normal flexion range of motion in horses, but I don't know how it could possibly relate to scoliosis curves in the spine if it is similar.
          Last edited by Pooka1; 05-02-2010, 12:54 AM.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
            Early in my horse's rehab for a serious orthopedic condition, I found that he could not flex his head right from the poll which I believe is the atlas in horses. My trainer immediately noticed this and massaged the area for between 5 and 10 minutes. After that he could flex right.

So I'm going to say massage works at least to restore normal flexion range of motion in horses, don't know how it could possibly elate to scoliosis curves in the spine if it is similar.
            If horses should to support his spine vertically as human beings do, probably we could conclude something doing that adjustment (is not a massage as I know) in a horse with scoliosis. In an abnormal spine, it not sounds illogic (at least for me) that an adjustment in the top could help.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
              I'm certain that the inventor is going to be rich beyond anyone's imagination.... or not. ;-)
              In the case of my brother in law was not a matter of imagination

Comment

Originally posted by tonibunny View Post
                I found that this treatment is available in London (UK) too. This info is from the website of the woman offering it there:

The Method is called AtlasPROfilax® and it’s a strategic and non-chiropractic massage which is applied to the short musculature of the neck. In only one application, safely and permanently, the Atlas bone returns to its correct position. Old patterns clear and the entire system begins to function to its fullest potential. Many patients say it's nothing short of a miracle.!!!"

Neck manipulation? You have to be very, very careful about that sort of thing, it can be really dangerous!!
                Yes, I agree. I have read that it could produce a drawdown of the meninx. That's the reason why I not proved it yet, even I know people who had a great outcome.

Comment

Working...
                X