Ben's Date for surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben's Date for surgery

Our Ben has just had his scoliosis surgery date confirmed - May 12/2010 @ the Edmonton Stollery Hospital.
    Ben is an 11 yrs with special needs child ... he has Smith Magenis Syndrome (SMS) plus his severely growing scoliosis. He doesn't know what is going to happen so it makes it a little easier with him not worrying or freaking out over it. Dad & I plus our other 3 kids are freaked enough for everyone anyway... very scared but extremely excited that Ben might be reasonably straight & pain free soon.

A quick thank you to everyone who writes their experiences on this forum... it sure helps those of us who are waiting understand & come to terms with our situation & feelings, it seems like such a lonely place when those around you have no idea how it feels before or after.
    Will post his progress as we go. Talk to you soon
    Ben's mom Nancy

Good luck to Ben, you and the family!
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Good luck with everything, Nancy! It will be done before you know it and Ben will be on his way--Chris
      mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
      Providence night brace, increased to 35*
      Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
      14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
      11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
      Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
      latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
      currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

Working...
      X