Surgery on Tuesday May 4th -feeling ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Melissa
    your surgeon will get a good night's sleep...believe me...and you will be in the best of hands!!
    thoughts and prayers go with you for a smooth operation and uneventful and successful recovery!

best wishes to you...
    jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
      Hi Melissa
      your surgeon will get a good night's sleep...believe me...and you will be in the best of hands!!
      thoughts and prayers go with you for a smooth operation and uneventful and successful recovery!

best wishes to you...
      jess
      Thanks for reassuring me

Melissa

Comment

Just wanted to join the chorus of "Good Luck!" You're going to do just fine, and by this time tomorrow your problems will be halved. From then on, it'll just keep getting easier. You're doing yourself the best favour Melissa, and all this worry will have been well worth it. Thinking of you Wednesday, Aussie-time.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Thanks so much for every one's warm wishes

Melissa

Comment

I'm sure would-be surgeons with sleep problems are weeded out of the program early on! Not to mention that they learn to sleep at the drop of a hat in their residencies. He's having a good snooze now.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
            Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
            Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
            main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
            Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

You're in my thoughts and prayers as well... looking forward to hearing from you soon, on the "other side" of surgery.
              71 and plugging along... but having some problems
              2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
              5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
              Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
              CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
              10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Melissa's surgery has gone well and she is doing well. Got told a bunch of stuff that only y'all would understand, but didn't retain it. Thanks for the prayers and thank you God!! Evey one here means soo much to my mom, thank you for being here with her.

Allyson (her daughter)

Comment

Hi Allyson -
                  Thank you so much for posting an update for your mom! There are so many of us here that have been sending positive thoughts her way today (and good thoughts to you too!).

Tell her to hang in there because it does get better each and every day!

Best regards
                  Julie - 51 yrs old

Dx'd 1973 - 43* thoracic curve / rotation
                  Wore Milwaukee brace 1973 - 1979
                  Pre-surgery: 63* thoracic / 52* lumbar curves

Surgeries: P - March 16, 2009 - Fused T3-S2 with pelvic fixation
                  A -April 14, 2009 - Fused L5-S1
                  Achieved +70% Correction
                  Dr. Khaled Kebaish, (and team) Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore

Standing x-ray
                  New Spine 03/19/2009
                  New Spine Lateral 03/19/2009

Comment

Thanks so much Allyson, for letting us know your Mom's doing well. I'm so glad it's over. I hope she has a good, smooth recovery. Let her know we're thinking of her.
                    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Thanks for the update on your mom, Allyson! So glad everything is going well.

Glenda
                      Glenda
                      Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
                      Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
                      Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
                      A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
                      Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
                      Pleased with outcome

Comment

Looking forward to hearing from you Melissa after you wake up with your brand new back!
                        May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Fantastic news Allyson, thank you soooo much for letting us know all went well. Please give her a gentle hug from me XX
                          Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
                          Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
                          Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
                          Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Thank you, Allyson. Your mom is lucky to have you.
                            Melissa, it's OVER! It's going to be uphill from here.
                            Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

(Or...erm, do I mean downhill? A relief, and easier, at any rate).

Comment

Hi Allyson
                                so glad that your mother is done with the surgery and on the road to recovery...thanks for letting us know that she made it!

please let her know how many friends on this forum are pulling for her...
                                cant wait to hear what she has to say once she is feeling well enuf to be on here....

thanks again..thoughts and prayers to your mother for her healing, and to you for helping take care of her!

jess

Comment

Working...
                                X