Levoscoliosis-hip pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levoscoliosis-hip pain

Anyone have levoscoliosis? I was told I have Levoscoliosis with degenterating discs in L2 and L3. I am having burning sensations in my right hip and sometimes it goes down my leg. Can anyone give me some info. or just a comment on this. I am 45 yrs old and was a milwaukee brace wearer in 1977
    Any help apprecited
    Myra

PS being sent to PT and now MRI on WED. May 13th dr. wanting to do a shot in the hip. I dont want it covered up, I want it taken care of

Hi Myra...

Levoscoliosis simply means that your curve is to the left.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

it is possible that the "burning sensation" that goes from hip down the leg could be sciatica...i have one in left leg...sometimes it is only in leg, but today, it starts at top of hip and goes down almost to my ankle...

what degree is your curve...i have 2... left and right... my thoracic is 42 degrees and lumbar is 61...also have degenerative disc disease, listhesis of L2 on L3 and L3 on L4...rotation, spinal stenosis, and arthritis of spine...also JUST found out i have kyphosis but have good balance, per the surgeon i just saw april 12th....

i expect to be having surgery within 12 months, since my surgeon has offered me minimal invasive...i have been going to pain doctor for over 4 years now...

what kind of "shot" are they going to do in your hip...?
      i suggest you first discuss all the pain with them, including the "burning pain" that i suspect might be sciatica...that is just my guess, but i am no doctor...needs to be discussed with your physician!

best regards
      jess
      Last edited by jrnyc; 04-26-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jess...I do not know my degrees. It has been awhile since I have been told. They are not good. Yours sounds real similar to mine. I am not sure of all of the medical terms but know mine is "S" shaped with a twist in the top curve. This burning has been going on for about a year now. I went to the dr. today and he wants me to do am MRI and see a pain management dr. on May 13th.. I am very unsure of this. If something else can be done I do not want to prolong this. Maybe I am being very impatient... I don't know what to do next.
        Myra

Comment

Hi Myra
          personally, i would recommend at least consulting with a pain doctor...until such time as you may be ready and have a good surgeon for fusion surgery...my pain doctor helps me with botox shots to freeze the muscles in thoracic area...unfortunately, it doesnt work for lumbar area...i've had epidurals, facet block, nerve ablation, and sacroiliac injections for lumbar...and a few other treatments i've forgotten about by now...the sacroiliac shots worked the best, but all have been very temporary...some as little help as a few weeks! that is one of the reasons that i am expecting to have surgery within 12 months...have to take care of some things first, including gaining weight....the pain meds have me very thin right now!

if you consult with a pain doctor, you can do or not do what he/she suggests....at least it might give you some idea of possible treatments...prior to choosing surgery...

good luck
          jess

Comment

Welcome, dooze64. I have a right lumbar curve and had pain in the opposite hip, like you. I remember telling the surgeon about it last year, but it's gone away within the year - perhaps from the stretches I've learned. I sound like a broken record but do try the book "Curves, Twists, and Bends" for some gentle stretches which really do help, along with all the other good advice listed here.
            34L at diagnosis; Boston Brace 1979
            Current: 50L, 28T

Comment

hip pain

I too have the pins and needles down left outside leg and under foot. After 3 botched vein surgeries, second vein surgeon said veins maybe ok, but sounds like nerve damage. Also told by masseuse sounds like sciatica. How do you know it is not dangerous the amount of nerve damage that you have?? Have MRI scheduled this week thru pain mgmt doc to see new damage to back. I have 35 degree lumbar curve/twist. Need new hip but will put that off as long as possible. Certain that vein and nerve probs are from left push to left hip. Duh.
              XLIF 7 discs replaced L5-T10 lateral PEEK implants, pedicle/facet screws, rib resection
              Pre-surgical: 40 d lumbar-thoracic, sponylolisthesis, kyphosis, all discs ruptured, stenosis
              Post-surgical:12 d, 1" taller
              Surgery: 8/27/2010 Dr. W Smith, Las Vegas University Medical Center
              53 yrs old

Comment

Originally posted by dooze64 View Post
                Anyone have levoscoliosis? I was told I have Levoscoliosis with degenterating discs in L2 and L3. I am having burning sensations in my right hip and sometimes it goes down my leg. Can anyone give me some info. or just a comment on this. I am 45 yrs old and was a milwaukee brace wearer in 1977
                Any help apprecited
                Myra

PS being sent to PT and now MRI on WED. May 13th dr. wanting to do a shot in the hip. I dont want it covered up, I want it taken care of
                If you ask the PT to work your pelvic floor, the adductors and the other surrounding musculature, you should be able to get relief for your hip and your back. The psoas & iliopsoas muscles are generally involved in this pull. Also, the points at the base of the spine- right at the lumbosacral junction tend to release the pressure to some extent. These are acupuncture points that open up the area nicely even with acupressure.

Comment

Working...
                X