ablations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ablations

I had an ablation done for the third time in the T2 - T7 area last week. It took several days for the numbing medicine to wear off. Now the area that was numb, the skin hurts. It feels like it is burning. Has this happened to anyone else? I have never had this happen before. This is only the second time I had this done at this doctor's office (I had 4 others done elsewhere and never had this happen before). The ablation helped most of my pain but I am worried about how much my skin hurts. I am not able to go back to the doctor for a month due to my daughter having surgery in 2 weeks and all of her pre-op appointments.
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

i've had ablation twice so far...never had a problem with the skin...the ablation is done inside...so i dont know what went wrong that your skin in hurting...? can you call the doctor and talk to him...?

hope you feel better soon...

jess

Comment

Unfortunately right now I don't have time to call the doctor and wait for him to call back. I am busy on the phone trying to get my septic system fixed and everything set for my daughter's surgery in 2 weeks.
      I'm just trying to see if this happened to anyone else and was from the nerves being burned or if it was a reaction to numbing medicine.
      T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
      2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
      3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
      Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Working...
      X