Serial Casting: Good and Bad: Vermont area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Casting: Good and Bad: Vermont area

My 3 year old has a double major curve, unknown degrees and RVAD as of yet because she has had x-rays but they have not been examined by a doctor yet (hopefully tomorrow), but from the pictures I have seen I would guess at a 40+ curve...

We are trying to make choices for care, and are highly considering serial casting as our 1st option. We plan on going to Rochester, NY to see a Dr. Sanders because we live in Vermont.

Can anyone give me their experiences with casting? I have heard many good experiences but I would be curious as to the problems people encountered with it so we have both sides to consider. Anyone familiar with Dr. Sanders, or can recommend other Dr.'s in the area that do serial casting? (Mehta trained doctors). Thanks!

Hi,

I think there is an infantile scoliosis/casting support site, that is hosted on yahoo. You might inquire there as well if you haven't already. Good luck.
    mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
    Providence night brace, increased to 35*
    Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
    14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
    11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
    Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
    latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
    currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

Yes, that is correct. Go to www.infantilescoliosis.org - it's a great site with lots of info regarding casting. I've read great things there about Dr. Sanders and I'm sure many of the parents of his patients will be happy to share their experiences with you.

Good luck!
      mariaf305@yahoo.com
      Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
      Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Working...
      X