Pain under left rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain under left rib

Hi. I had to go to ER today cuz I have such a bad pain/spasm under my top left rib. I called Dr Lenke's nurse and she said to get to the ER right was cuz it might me a pulmonary embolism/blood clot that can form and lodge in the lung. Scared me to death and it was so painful I couldn't take a deep breath at all. They did a CT scan and thank god found nothing. I still have it though, so am just wondering, is this something your body goest through because of all the adjustment that was done in there? Did anyyone else get this? Also, the backs of my legs are sooooo tight and sore. Any thoughts???

On a good note, yesterday was my 2 week mark and I took a shower and washed my hair. It felt great!!!

Laura
    Laura
    62 degrees
    49 yrs. young
    Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Hi Laura, been thinking of you girl! Are you back home with your husky? I hope your recovery as well as mine went!
    I think it is weird about that pain near your lungs field. That is the first thing I would of thought of, a blood clot. By the way, have you told your surgeon about your legs? That is also not a good thing. Dont want to scare you...but pain in calves after surgery can also mean a blood clot in the legs. I am an open heart surgery nurse and many times than not when patients have pain in their calves it is the result of a blood clot
    So how was the hospitalization? I was praying for you.
    I am doing great, off all my pain meds. Just taking the Baclofen for my always occurring muscle spasms
    Tomorrow is my 2 month post-op anniversary and I am walking in a 5K for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation!
    Well stay in touch, Melissa

Comment

Hi! I am so glad you are doing so well at 2 months post op! I cannot WAIT to be in your spot! I am home now, after being away for 2 wks. That is the longest I have gone without my furbaby (that's my nickname for my husky...real name is Stoli). She was so happy to see me and I was so happy to see her when I got home. I feel so sad I can't reach down and give her a big hug and kiss. It's so cute though because she can defitilely sense something is wrong and she won't leave my site. I call her my nurse because she is all white and won't leave my bedside!

Congrats on doing the 5k! Where are you doing that walk? I know there is one here in Cleveland but didn't know they were held in other cities. I wish I could join you but it might be too soon for me yet. If you come to Cleveland for it let me know!

Thanks for your update!!! I'm glad I did it, and I'm sure you are glad you did as well!
      Laura
      62 degrees
      49 yrs. young
      Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Originally posted by Radiogirl View Post
        Hi. I had to go to ER today cuz I have such a bad pain/spasm under my top left rib. I called Dr Lenke's nurse and she said to get to the ER right was cuz it might me a pulmonary embolism/blood clot that can form and lodge in the lung. Scared me to death and it was so painful I couldn't take a deep breath at all. They did a CT scan and thank god found nothing. I still have it though, so am just wondering, is this something your body goest through because of all the adjustment that was done in there? Did anyyone else get this? Also, the backs of my legs are sooooo tight and sore. Any thoughts???

On a good note, yesterday was my 2 week mark and I took a shower and washed my hair. It felt great!!!

Laura
        Laura,

I had wierd pains here and there for the first 2-3 months, and they were especially bad in the first month. THey all seemed to resolve themselves without me having to do anything special. Just the passage of time, and like you said, the body readjusting. I'm glad they didn't find anything. At least now you don't have to worry.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I agree Laura with Kelly in Dr. Lenke's office - better to be safe than sorry. Always want to be sure there are no blood clots for sure. And, I, too, had a lot of various aches and pains in different areas, ribs, back, front, side, etc. Hang in there.
          Rita Thompson
          Age 46
          Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
          Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
          Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
          Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Working...
          X