No announcement yet.

New and terrified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your advice. After my panic last week, I went in to see Dr. Oswald by myself with all of my questions. He reassured me that it was not an emergency, but sooner would be better than later in Megan's case. While her curve is not that big, her rotation is pretty tight, and she has kyphosis as well as scoliosis. I asked about VBS with growing rods, and she is not a candidate for that procedure. Dr. Oswald sat with me for at least half an hour, and I felt much better about our decision. He is very compassionate and approaches his patients with the attitude of a fellow parent--what would I do if this were my child. We could wait a few months, but timing wise now is better than later as Megan will be starting high school in the fall.

I did see another doctor at Emory Spine Center. The recommendations were the same, so that put our minds at ease a little more. So, we are set for April 28 at Egleston Children's Hospital. I have heard great things about them and they are ranked fifth in the country for orthopedics. We are just praying now for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by grayson mom View Post
      Thank you all for your advice. After my panic last week, I went in to see Dr. Oswald by myself with all of my questions. He reassured me that it was not an emergency, but sooner would be better than later in Megan's case. While her curve is not that big, her rotation is pretty tight, and she has kyphosis as well as scoliosis. I asked about VBS with growing rods, and she is not a candidate for that procedure. Dr. Oswald sat with me for at least half an hour, and I felt much better about our decision. He is very compassionate and approaches his patients with the attitude of a fellow parent--what would I do if this were my child. We could wait a few months, but timing wise now is better than later as Megan will be starting high school in the fall.

I did see another doctor at Emory Spine Center. The recommendations were the same, so that put our minds at ease a little more. So, we are set for April 28 at Egleston Children's Hospital. I have heard great things about them and they are ranked fifth in the country for orthopedics. We are just praying now for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
      Great post. So glad you went in to talk to him and reported back here. The situation you described just sounded like we were missing some information. Sometimes there is little choice.

And it really sounds like you are in great hands! Good luck.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
      X