No announcement yet.

Total spine Fusion-things you can no longer do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Amy, I like that "body parts taking turns" expression. My knees have been very unhappy since my surgery. Am doing a lot more walking and do squat to get things down low occasionally. My knees have taken a beating from standing and teaching instrumental music for 30 years so they're hurting right now. Am hoping if I can do more exercise/walking in the pool, it might not be so bad.

Anne in PA
    Age 58
    Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
    T4 to sacrum fusion
    63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
    Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
    Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

Regarding squatting, don't do it. You can go down on one knee and it accomplishes the same thing and is not hard on your knees. Take it from a 70 year old and advice from my spine surgeon.
      Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

As you can see I am fused from T4 to L3 and there is nothing I cant do. Honestly I have sat here and thought for a long time to try and help you I can do everything. Now I am older they may be a little harder to do but never the less I can still do it all, hang on I cant do sit ups.

Lorraine.
        Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
        Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

I did speak to his nurse today and it is T1 down

Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by mbeckoff View Post
            I did speak to his nurse today and it is T1 down

Melissa

Phew! Lucky! You kind of scared the crap out of me on the C1-Pelvis!

I feel everything is do-able, within reason and within pain limitations. Go easy!
            Vali
            44 years young! now 45
            Surgery - June 1st, 2009
            Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
            St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
            Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
            Post -op - 5 degrees
            T11 - S1 Posterior
            L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

Working...
            X