New area...new dr. needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New area...new dr. needed!

I used to live in Miami, FL and moved to a suburb of Baltimore, MD several months ago. I was referred to a Dr. in Miami through this website and now I need another one. I'm looking for a Dr. to do my surgery this summer if that's still possible. I've looked into it several times before and then I moved up here and haven't done anything since I've moved. Any suggestions of Drs??

Thanks!
    Stacie

New doctor

Just make sure you bring all your x-rays, MRIs or CT scans to your new choice.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

There is a very fine scoliosis Dr. at Hopkins in Baltimore named Dr. Khaled Kebaish. A good friend of mine had revision with him and Julie on the forum had very successful surgery with him. I live in southcentral PA and although I ended up with another Dr., I think Dr. Kebaish was about the closest to where I live. It took about 2 months to get a consult app't.

Anne in PA
      Age 58
      Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
      T4 to sacrum fusion
      63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
      Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
      Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

Hi Stacie,
        As Anne mentioned I had my surgeries with Dr. Kebaish at Johns Hopkins - March 16th and April 14, 2009. It took 8 – 10 weeks to get the initial consult and the surgery scheduling window is generally 3 months.

JH has an informational website: http://www.hopkinsortho.org/spinesurgery.html

I chose Johns Hopkins Hospital because it's a teaching hospital and I liked their team approach to these huge sugeries and I chose Dr. Kebaish due to his specialty in Adult Scoliosis, Spinal Deformities and Degenerative Spine Disorders. And incidently he has just recently been promoted to Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, effective Feb 1 , 2010.

At the risk of sounding like a paid testimonial I'll just say I have been sooo pleased with my experience at JH.....

If you would like more information please feel free to send me a private message and we can chat!
        Last edited by doodie; 04-14-2010, 01:59 PM. Reason: adding content
        Julie - 51 yrs old

Dx'd 1973 - 43* thoracic curve / rotation
        Wore Milwaukee brace 1973 - 1979
        Pre-surgery: 63* thoracic / 52* lumbar curves

Surgeries: P - March 16, 2009 - Fused T3-S2 with pelvic fixation
        A -April 14, 2009 - Fused L5-S1
        Achieved +70% Correction
        Dr. Khaled Kebaish, (and team) Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore

Standing x-ray
        New Spine 03/19/2009
        New Spine Lateral 03/19/2009

Comment

If you are not limited to the Baltimore area, I would also suggest that you at least get a consult with Dr. Lauerman at Georgetown in DC.

We are in PA and my dd had her surgery with Dr. L at Georgetown last fall.

We couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. He is a very caring and compassionate person.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Thanks

I did see Dr. Kebaish's name on several lists I've been looking at lately. I will have to call his office and see what is available. I might not be able to wait that long because I am a teacher and don't have a huge window. I know that I am getting started late in the in the game here, but I'm hopeful that it may still happen even with a short time frame. Thanks for your suggestions!! They are really helpful!

Comment

Working...
            X