blood donating today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marylou,

I agree with Karen, priority of our childs getting well rules over "nice", hopefully no one will take our guidelines personally although I'm sure we all have a few family or friends that don't fully understand all the concerns we are dealing with. Everyone is trying to do the right thing for us now that we are getting close so hopefully any one thinking they are ill will have the brains to NOT come visit. Am I sounding stressed?
    And so glad to hear another daughter "HATES ALL THE SUGGESTIONS" also. I was wondering if I was the only mom saying these things, I guess that's our job..So yes it seems we are going through the same things.
    Also at preop our Dr. said he will inform the school she will need 2 sets of books. So see girls we are right!!
    My daughter is thin also and I am really worried about the weight loss, but I guess we will have to deal with it bc it is impossible to get any lbs on her. I have tried financial bribing and later curfews but to no avail. good luck and write again, Kay
    now 16 yr old daughter
    with worsen 65 degree upper curve
    surgery Nov 3, 04

Comment

Susan,Jennifer and all,
      We went to the preop Thurs and Fri my husband and I donated each a unit of blood. They could not take any from her bc her blood pressure was tooo low. She almost fainted just from being typed!!
      Thank God we are all the same type so they will use mine and husbands blood. Also the new xrays showed her curve has gone from 52 to 65 degrees (in 4 months!).
      We are argueing about Halloween weekend and I really want to keep her under lock and key from now untill THE DAY. But this is very hard since everyone considers that radical of me.She went on the lake Sat. but to my protest at least wore a wetsuit while wakeskateing..crossing my fingers the vitamins do their job!!!
      Let me know how everyone is doing as we all are getting closer to the next step.
      Prayers to all...Kay
      now 16 yr old daughter
      with worsen 65 degree upper curve
      surgery Nov 3, 04

Comment

Kay and Jennifer,

Kay - Glad to hear that the blood donating went well for you.

Bill's curve was worse at his pre-op also. It has gone from 53 (in July) to 63 this month.

I'm really concerned he won't be ready for surgery next week because of illness and that stresses me. Even my husband is getting stressed. (Bill, God bless him, is still just cruising along.)

He's still on antibiotics for his sinus infection and is coughing more now, so we went back to the pediatrician today and she switched his antibiotics. Hopefully, that'll do the trick. We're even considering keeping him home from school until after surgery. There are so many viruses going around.

As far as limiting activities, I can't imagine letting him loose these last days to do water sports. (Kay, I think you're being a very good sport about it. Tell your daughter to be gratefull I'm not her mother!)

As far as Halloween, I think he's content to not do too much. Maybe he'll just have a few friends over but it'll be very low key. Again, perhaps because he's still not feeling well.

Can't wait for it to all be over and for us to share our "after" stories.

Take care,
        Susan

Comment

blood donating today

hi kay,
          yesterday we went to meet with surgeon and rest of pre op, nicole also got worse she was 52 in july and now she is 61. I kind of wasn't surprised. Well, 1 week to go from tomorrow. stay in touch
          jennifer

Comment

blood donating today

hi susan
            i can't believe he's still sick. I thought he would be better by now. Hopefully that's what he needed a different antibiotic. Hopefully that will do the trick. He still has a week to recoup. I'm sure he will be fine by then.
            keeping my fingers crossed for you
            jennifer

Comment

Working...
            X