Numbness realated to scolosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbness realated to scolosis?

Hi for the past week or so I have had numbness and tingling in my legs mostly and my arms. I woke up once not able to move my arm and one time my toes. Sometimes it feel like they are falling asleep so I move around and it seems to get better. It happens really often though, not like usual once in a while. Sometimes it makes it my legs have a cold sensation like numb not tingly, but I can still move it. Is this related to my scolosis? I Had an xray Done In November and I have two curves 11, and 15. They said I wouldnt grow more so It wouldnt be a problem, but i did grow. Im 15 by the way. Is the numbness related to my scoliosis? I havent fallen or anything. Please help!

Have you had an MRI? If not, ask your parents to talk to your orthopedic to see if you can have one done.
    Emily's mom-11 1/2 years old
    28 degree scoliosis 9/04
    Chiari Malformation/SM decompressed 11/04
    17-24 degrees 11/04-6/07
    Wearing Spinecor Brace since June 07
    3/31/10- 29 degrees oob
    11/18/09 17 degrees in brace

Comment

Before a lot of other adults jump in here, I'd like to remind everyone that this is the kid's forum.

Katie, please be sure that you tell your parents about your symptoms.
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

at the risk of getting in trouble...vrs the risk of katie<3 not getting an answer...

Hi katie<3,

It looks like you haven't haven't had a lot of people respond. I'm not technically a "kid" however I'd like you to have an answer.
        I did personally experience numbness in my toes and on my right shoulder blade due to my scoliosis. No one on the forum would be able to tell you if your numbness is because of this (only your doctors could help determine that) however I can tell you it is possible. After my surgery (a year ago) my areas of numbness went away (only a little bit of numb at the very tip of my left big toe now...weird! lol).
        Age 25 at time of correction
        Sergery March 6th, 2009
        T4 to L4

Comment

I replied too with some information but my message was deleted.

Comment

Working...
          X