Nothing goes right !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new surgery date yet?

Hello Syd just wondering if you had any word on a surgery date since your last was cancelled & are your lungs getting stronger? Are there exercises you can do to help?

My Ben will be going in on the 12th of May - kinda glad he doesn't understand -might freak him out.
    I am very excited for him but terrified of the unknown.
    Good luck dear... Nancy

Comment

Hey Nancy,
      I am so sorry BEn is getting the surgery to I hope everything goes great! and they scheduled it july 2 its kinda far and my lungs are getting much worse and the curve is growing.So I am waiting for it to come is ben gettingthe rods?
      [COLOR="Cyan"]59 degree curve birth
      110 degree curve now
      Sydnie SueAnn ^.^ Always open to help xo

Comment

I am glad to hear they set you up with a new date... is there any exercises you can do to get your lungs stronger by then?? I hope it goes with no problems... we will keep you in our prayers.

yes he will be getting rods but they will use traction first to pull him straight then insert the rods...hoping to get a few more degrees out... ya don't really like him getting the surgery but then again maybe he will be a lot straighter & his lungs & heart are getting a lot of pressure so it is really needed now...maybe he will actually be able to run some day

talk again soon...Nancy

Comment

sorry to hear about the postponing ordeal.that must suck. i would be going crazy.i am having the metal rods and screws in my back. ya your ordeal sounds a bit weird, but whatever floats your boat. i am having it on dec 13th...... 15 days. i am completely freaking out. but its ok i love hanging out with my best buds

Comment

Funny, I had been wondering how Syd fared and sent her a pm yesterday. No news yet.
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
            X