Thread: Official Surgery Date.......

Exclamation Official Surgery Date.......

Yea... So my surgery date is officialy June 30th....
    Any advice about the surgery?

It's an uphill battle, as any surgery is, but take it from me it's not as bad as you imagine. And, try not to dread it too much - it's an adventure into your new life STRAIGHT AND TALL. Where are you having your surgery?

Hi Sunflower. You have time to get fit, if your pain levels permit. It will help with your recovery, make your heart stronger and give you a feeling of euphoria and confidence that you can do this thing. Apart from that, just generally getting things in order so that you don't have to worry about much for the first 6 weeks. If you have any specific questions, fire away!
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    You have time to get fit, if your pain levels permit.
    JenniferG - get fit before or after the surgery? after correct? currently i'm taking PE Activities in high school... (Freshman!) that's good, right? the only things done in class are running/jogging and activities, currently badmitton. and we have a pool, so i wont be able to swim for a while, but could i just walk in the pool, with my feet touching the pool bottom? i think it'd work and the water would help support me becuase people are boiyant in water!
    Last edited by Sunflower; 04-16-2010 at 10:38 PM.

thanks for the encouragement Rita, and you Jennifer! it means a lot, and i actually don't know where the surgery is going to be, Rita... My mom and i have been kinda avoiding the subject, talking about it only when neccessary. I'll ask her!