No announcement yet.

I'm in sooo much pain :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Laura - you're absolutely right - we will be helping others very soon. Sorry to hear you're in more pain right now also, I've been thinking of you and wondering how you're feeling!
    Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
    Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
    Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
    Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Hey Lynette, I used to live in Florida, near you sort of...Indian Shores. That is my home away from home and I absolutely LOVE that area! That is where I got into radio (tampa/st. pete). I also worked at WTSP, Ch10 when I was there...oh, the days!!!! Miss it soooo!!! I was actually thinking of trying to come down to that area towards the end of my recouperation, and just lay around in the sun on the beach, Crabby Bills, wherever! haha! My friend is a rental agent and he hooks me up with fabulous deals right on the beach of Indian Shores. I wonder if I will be able to travel at about 9 or 10 weeks out??? I'm even thinking of moving back to that area! Had I known there was a great scoli surgeon in Tampa, I would have gone there for my surgery!!! We will keep in touch!!! Keep busy to keep those nerves calmed!
      Laura
      62 degrees
      49 yrs. young
      Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Lynette

How are you feeling today?

Did anything help?

Did you sleep at all?

Hope you are doing better?

Melissa

Comment

Laura - look me up if you come down here, it would be great to meet each other.

Melissa - My neck is still hurting, but it is a fraction better than yesterday so I'll take that Thanks so much for your concern. How are you doing? Any news on your sugar counts and perhaps setting up your new surgery date?
          Lynette - 44 years old.

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Comment

Melissa - My neck is still hurting, but it is a fraction better than yesterday so I'll take that Thanks so much for your concern. How are you doing? Any news on your sugar counts and perhaps setting up your new surgery date?[/QUOTE]

My sugar counts have been very good so I am very confident that come Monday the 29th when I go back to the Diabetes Doctor that he will give me the OK to have the surgery. I think that schedule wise for me the best will be April 21-22.

Thanks for asking

Melissa

Comment

That's great Melissa - so that's coming up fast for you then too. Hope all goes well with your diabetes doctor - of course I know all will be good, and we will all be on the other side real soon
              Lynette - 44 years old.

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Comment

When I was in all my preop pain I would just do my very best to get beyond the pain. It was very difficult. I am not sure how I did it - but, little by little I just tried my best to keep my mind off it. I know it's tough - we all have to be the strongest people around becuase of all the pain we've dealt with and I don't know about you guys but there was very little I could do about it to make it any better. The heat pad was my best friend. If I sat in my recliner with the heat pad on Medium I would get a little relief.
                Rita Thompson
                Age 46
                Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
                Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
                Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
                Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Working...
                X