No announcement yet.

Central Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My line was put in my neck while I was under for the 1st surgery. I think they put it there because of all twisting and moving they have to do to get you straight durning the 2nd surgery.

I seemed to have bad luck. When it came time to leave, I had already had really shitty nursing care. Plus I was supposed to wait for them to trim my brace. I waited & waited, getting more frustrated as the minutes passed.

Finally the nurse came in to take my line out. She pulled they tape off, which once a year, I have someone do that to me, just for kicks.
    They she asked me if I minded if she let a intern take it out. I told her I would rather not. Then someone else came in and look at my neck, said I'll be right back. Here they had stapled it to my neck, which became apparent to me that something was wrong. They finally found a male intern that said he would try it.

As he struggled to get them out of my neck, I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I looked at my husband, and he was getting upset. But he finally got that lasts one out. I told my ex- husband to please get me out right now. So it didn't have my brace trimmed.

Nothing that happened was funny at the time, but as I look back, things were funny.

Sorry to ramble,
    Shari
    Last edited by Shari; 03-21-2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X