Question for Parents of Montreal Spinecor patients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Parents of Montreal Spinecor patients

Hi, can anyone who has had a child x-rayed using the EOS imager tell me in what ways it is different from a traditional x-ray machine, other than the lower dose of radiation? Meaning, how is the child positioned, are shields typically used, are they standing in a room, a smaller enclosure, etc., etc.?

Thanks,
    mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
    Providence night brace, increased to 35*
    Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
    14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
    11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
    Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
    latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
    currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

who knows - they never let you in that room ... or at least I was not allowed to go in
    from Boston, MA, USA

9 y.o. daughter
    07/08 - diagnosed with L23
    10/08 - wait and see: L25
    11/08 - Spinecor: L15
    01/09 - Spinecor: L15
    06/09 - Spinecor: L14
    11/09 - Spinecor: L14
    04/10 (Out-of-brace): L30-T30
    08/10 - out of Spinecor
    01/11 (Out-of-brace): L42-T30
    02/11 - Rigo-Cheneau and Schroth

Comment

Hi, They do shield the ovaries. On the floor, they have a little wooden foot positioner which will ensure your child's feet are spread the same amount from xray to xray (and hopefully reduce the variations in curve we see in xrays from the child standing inconsistently from appointment to appointment). The child stands in front of a "screen"...actually the screen has two sides to it - almost like 2 little walls (if i recall, when posterior AND lateral xrays are both required, I think the machine takes them both at the same time with the same xray exposure. I could be wrong-it's been a while since i researched it).
      daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
      -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
      -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
      -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

Working...
      X