13 year old dancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 year old dancer

i take a whole lot of dance including pointe and ballet i asked my surgeon if i can if i can ever do pointe again and he has no clue what it is any advice

In my experience with my surgery I am still working on touching my toes, but it all depends on where u would be getting fused, i was fused from the base of my neck all the way to my hips ( sorry i dont no the technical terms) There is absolutely no one who can tell you what you can and cant do after surgery, ull just have to reach for the stars, but depending on what gets fused there could either be no problems or dancing could become a challenge. But ive seen cases where people got rite back in the game.
    I'm 19 years old, had surgery 5 years ago
    3 curves Middle curve - 65 fused to 13 Bottom curve 35- fixed on it's own to 16!
    Fused from C7 to L1

Comment

dancer4life

I'm not an expert on pointe or ballet, but I did take dance classes all through high school after my surgery, where we did quite a bit of basic ballet. I had two surgeries, in 7th and again in 8th grade. One year later, I was feeling well enough to dance in class. Also, I was on the swimming team for 4 years. It's pretty easy to be active after surgery. The only thing I haven't been able to do is gymnastics, which I loved to do prior to my surgery. Good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
      X