Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery 4/14

Hi there

My 15 year old son was diagnosed with 3 curves last Ocober. Surgery is now scheduled for April 14 at Shriners in Springfield, MA with Dr Masso. We visited the hospital last week and my son said he liked the hospital and staff. First pre-op next Monday. This has come around so fast. I want to thank everyone for their stories on this site. They help a lot to get pointers, know what to expect, etc. My son has even started to read over my shoulder. . He is beginning to ask questions and I have been able to show him what others have experienced. I think it has eased a lot of his apprehension (as well as my own). Thank you so much for sharing!

It's good when they start talking about it. But don't be fooled when they don't because they surely are thinking about it. For the longest time Patrick didn't talk but he told me after his surgery that he had a really hard time concentrating at school in the months leading up to surgery because the whole scoliosis thing was always there on his mind. Also very good that he likes the hospital and staff. Any questions, feel free to ask
    Ramona
    mom of Patrick, age 15 at time of surgery
    diagnosed July 2006 curves T58 L 38

Nov. 2006 curves T72 L38
    also lordoscoliosis

feb.2007 curves T79 L43

Surgery May 16 2007
    fused T4 to L1

Comment

Oh, I know it's on his mind constantly right now. I'm glad he's asking questions. Nate is a quiet kid and I find that when he talks, you know it's about something that is really on his mind.

Comment

Working...
      X