No announcement yet.

Questions I will ask my surgeon on Wed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Moreno was my first choice, but he wasn't covered under my insurance. However I'm friends with a woman who is president of the local chapter of the scoliosis organization, and she brings in kids from places like Romania etc., to have surgery for scoliosis, and one time this one particular girl who had extremely severe curves over 100 degrees, it was all on the television etc., and no doctor wanted to even try to correct her curves. So Dr. Moreno and Dr. Cronen worked on her and gave her a fantastic correction, needless to say Dr. Moreno HIGHLY recommended Dr. Cronen to me as did the friend of mine. Whenever Dr. Moreno gets a complicated surgery, he typically works alongside Dr. Cronen. Dr. Cronen was trained under Dr. Lenke who is a scoliosis expert, and Dr. Cronen's specialty is deformed spines, he works extensively on both adults and kids. When I met him I thought he had a fantastic patient manner, he answered three pages of questions that I had for him, and I just knew immediately that this surgeon was going to do a good job, so I trust him to do just that. He is doing my surgery April 1st at the University Community Hospital and this Friday I have my pre-op. I highly recommend you go see him for a consultation, and have your list of questions ready for him. By the way Dr. Cronen also belongs to the professional scoliosis affiliate whatever it's called, I can't remember. So check him out before making a decision on the doctor you're seeing April 1st.
    Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
    Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
    Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
    Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

I will check him out today, thanks!
      36 year young cardiac RN
      old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
      new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
      Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
      Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
      and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

Hi Lynette,

Maybe you could email your list of questions prior to your visit. If it takes 2 or 3 minutes to answer each question, which are good questions, he may just knock you out right then!!! And I was so nervous, I couldn't remember much of what he said, once he told me I was going to have ant/post surgeries.

I love your attitude,
        Shari

Comment

Shari - just check out the first post of this one, and you'll see the entire list of questions that I asked him
          Lynette - 44 years old.

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Comment

I did see it

Shari

Comment

Shari - sorry I think I misunderstood you - silly me. Now I have re-read it - did you mean a suggestion would be to email the doctor prior to seeing him with the questions? Great idea Shari for people in the future seeing their doctors. I have searched and searched for an email address for either my doctor or his secretary, and there's no email address either on the business card I have, or on their website!
              Lynette - 44 years old.

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Comment

Got to love ya Lynette,

I was just entertaining myself I guess. Trust me, I had no ill will to you at all,
                I just thought about the Dr. having a schedule (?) and you hitting him w/ all those questions.

I guess most people don't understand my sense of humor, but I could imagine being a Dr. getting hit w/ all those questions...

Trust me, I was only entertaining myself, at your expense, and I am sorry!!!!

Every question you had was extremely informative, I just imagined I was the Dr!!!

I do have a strange sense of humor. You are very prepared, and have made a very intellegent list

Wish I would have,
                Shari

Comment

Oops sorry Shari - I was a bit slow on that one - LOL!!!
                  Lynette - 44 years old.

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Comment

When I saw my Doctor for my preop, he answered every single question that I had . He spent over 2 hours with me and calmed every fear that I had and when I walked out of his office, he said 2 things to me, First he said that he wished every patient was as prepared as I was because I sent sent to him my list of questions in advance and Second , if any more questions come up,please call him so that he may answer them.

I feel that if your surgeon will not answer your questions, who will?

Melissa

Comment

What were the answers to your questions? Maybe I won't have to be so redunent!
                      36 year young cardiac RN
                      old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
                      new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
                      Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
                      Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
                      and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

Working...
                      X