No announcement yet.

iron pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't swallow pills for about the first 18 yrs of my life..
    But I finally figured out somethig that worked for me...
    I took a reasonable swig of water in my mouth before putting the pill in. Tip your head back, open your mouth and pop the pill in, then swallow really quick.
    I can't do it any other way...
    Blair

Dec 15th, 2003 @ age of 20
    Posterior Fusion and CD Horizon instrumentation T2-L1.
    Surgery by Dr. Herkowitz- Beaumont Hospital of Royal Oak, Michigan
    Excellent correction of 52 degree single left thoracolumbar curve. Slight curve remains in unfused lumbar region but seems stable.
    February 5, 2005- Failed Scar Revision Surgery
    September 17, 2005- 2nd Failed Scar Revision.

Comment

iron pills

did you have surgery though? because i wonder how my daughter is going to take pain pills after her surgery if she can't swallow a pill.

jennifer

Comment

Yes, I had surgery 10.5 months ago...
        In the past when I had to take pain meds but hadn't figured out my trick yet, I always just crushed up the pills and took them in a spoon of jelly or some pudding.... Or chewed them. But that was just so gross.
        Blair

Dec 15th, 2003 @ age of 20
        Posterior Fusion and CD Horizon instrumentation T2-L1.
        Surgery by Dr. Herkowitz- Beaumont Hospital of Royal Oak, Michigan
        Excellent correction of 52 degree single left thoracolumbar curve. Slight curve remains in unfused lumbar region but seems stable.
        February 5, 2005- Failed Scar Revision Surgery
        September 17, 2005- 2nd Failed Scar Revision.

Comment

iron pills

I'm sure that tastes horrible crushed up, but there may be no other choice
          jennifer

Comment

Yea. I recommend the M'M's. I learned how to swallow that way.
            I first opened my mouth wide so that the tongue opens up the esophagus. Then jammed the M'M's in and slide it all the way to the esophagus with 1 finger. Keep practicing.

Another way is to try to set a spoon with water and just let the pill melt.

I know the taste of those Flintstones. I use to take them and it tasted bitter and too sugary. ANother way to boost blood levels is through a chinese herb called dongquai. Although there is side effects as it's a powerful herb so some people cannot handle it and there will be like sideeffects such as nose bleeding. I know for a fact as my mom can't handle this herb and she's anemic.

Boys, do not take dongquai unless you want more estrogen in your system.

Comment

Working...
            X